Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Anchoring a full page image

May 5, 2013 1:15 PM

I'm doing a full length book which includes some full page images referenced by the text on the facing page. I want to anchor them in such a way that when I create an eBook, this full page image will be in at least reasonable proximity to the text that references it. I don't want to do inline because I don't want the potentially giant white space. The available options for 'custom' anchoring don't make sense to me for this situation. (But then, I am a newbie to ID.) Suggestions? THANX!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to wwzeitler

You'll need to anchor the graphics to keep them in the same text stream in the EPUB file. If you're using InDesign CS5.5 or later, click on the blue square at the upper right of the frame and drag it to anchor. Use Object Export Options to set attributes for the anchored graphic including spacing.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 7:34 AM   in reply to wwzeitler

I would think if there was a text frame that was part of the story on the facing page you want the image on, you could place the anchor in it. You likely should have a paragraph style set up for it that breaks into a new frame so your text doesn't appear below the image should an image not fill the entire text frame.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to MW Design

In Object Export Options you can set a page break before or after the full size image. How large the image appears will depend on the settings in that dialog and the resolution of the particular eBook reader you're viewing it on.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points