Skip navigation
Chad469
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS5 audio not in sync

May 5, 2013 4:04 PM

Tags: #cs5 #x #adobe #lion #audio #apple #encore #sync #os #timeline #syncing #10.7.x

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me soon.  I have multiple timelines that I created in Encore.  I have noticed about 25% of them have their audio out of sync.  There is nothing complicated with how I built the timelines.  All I did was create a timeline and drop in the original video that came off the SD card.  All the timelines have video from the same source. I did not even mess with the audio and I don't know if you can for that matter because I'm new with this program.  Anyway, the original videos play just fine in the finder.  I'm using an iMac with OS X 10.7

I've been trying to figure this out for hours and researching on Google to no avail.  I'm so frustrated right now with Adobe products.  Adobe staff, if you are reading this, I beg of you to please slow down.  Quite trying to make more features.  I bet I could safely say that 95% of your faithful users would rather have working software rather than more features.  We waste so much time trying to resolve these "little" issues, because they put a halt to productivity. Time is money Adobe.  This is so sad.  As I'm writing this, I'm realizing that my begging or ******** will do absolutely nothing.  I'd probably have better luck playing pick up sticks with my *** cheeks.  You should study Luxology's way of handling customer support.  Each and every email goes to the present and he replies back.  They also make adjustments based off of what other customers are saying.  I can't say one bad thing about their forums either.  If I have issues, I don't get directed to anyone in India.  I don't even have enough time to tell you how one of my last calls went with them.  They are not experts.  Not even close. I was pissed.

Okay, enough ranting for now.  Adobe, if you want to contact me, you know how to get a hold of me.

Thanks to those that are willing to help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2013 5:02 PM   in reply to Chad469

>create a timeline and drop in the original video that came off the SD card

What is that video?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

For Mac http://mediainspector.massanti.com/

Also, it is not very likely that video direct from an SD card is legal for a DVD, or a BluRay, which means that Encore needs to transcode the video to make it legal for your unspecified output... so what does Encore say about the status of the video... needing to be transcoded or not?

>I'm new with this program

The tutorial list in message #3 http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276578 may help

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points