Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FR: SHIFT-Toggle to restrict movement to up/down or left/right in Program Monitor

May 5, 2013 8:56 PM

Tags: #feature_request #shift #program_monitor #fr #shift_toggle

If you like this Feature Request, please copy/paste on Adobe's Feature Request page to get your voice heard: www.adobe.com/go/wish

*******Enhancement / FMR*********

Brief title for your desired feature: SHIFT-Toggle to restrict movement to up/down or left/right in Program Monitor

How would you like the feature to work?

The same way it does in the Titler, but much stronger (i.e. modifier keeps working no matter how far mouse moves off course).  When moving anything in the Program Monitor, be it a clip/title or something else, users should be able to use the SHIFT modifier to restrict the movement of the item to up/down or left/right only.

Why is this feature important to you?

Adobe already understands the importance of this feature, so an explanation isn't even necessary.  Proof of this is the fact that this feature is already present in AE, Photoshop, Illustrator, and even PP's very own Titler.  So why doesn't the Program Monitor also have this feature?  This is an inconsistent omission that should be fixed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2013 9:47 PM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek

I agree that it would be a great feature. If I want to do that now, I just put the CTI at the beginning of the clip and when I move it, I just make sure it snaps to the CTI again.  I don't consider it a major deal and there are other things I want more, but it would be nice.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points