Skip navigation
mayrussell
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to get a multilayered PDF into Photoshop?

May 5, 2013 10:20 PM

No matter the programs I use, or methods, it always seems to combine my multi layered pdf into a single photoshop rastered image.

Is it possible to somehow get multi layered pdfs into a layered PSD file?

You know, I  would've thought that by owning Photoshop AND Acrobat Professional, this would've been a pretty straightforward thing to acheive, but it seems harder than Russian Algebra at the moment.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2013 11:47 PM   in reply to mayrussell

You know, I  would've thought that by owning Photoshop AND Acrobat Professional, this would've been a pretty straightforward thing to acheive

I guess just because there can be things called »Layers« in files in both applications doesn’t mean they are closely related or easily transferred.

You may want to ask over at the Acrobat Forum if it’s possible to export a layered image format from Acrobat or automate exporting sepearate files per Layer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 12:35 AM   in reply to mayrussell

The long answer is: No. As Mr. Pfaffenbichler already said "layers" has a completely different meaning in both programs. PDfs are object-centric and "layers" are merely a means to determine certain visibility options for a set of "objects" and how they interact with the document structure, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily visually arranged like you would with PS layers...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 11:22 PM   in reply to mayrussell

Have you enquired on the Acrobat Forum?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status