Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to syncronise different Bridge-Libraries

May 6, 2013 4:09 AM

Tags: #photos #pictures #adobe #bridge #library #syncronisation

Hi Community,

I have a question about how to handle Adobe Bridge with different working devices. I have an iMac as working place at home and my MacbookPro for traveling and working outside (as photographer).

Now I definitely have to import my pictures made at the photoshooting right there, because I wanna prove the quality and the models wanna see them too. But working with them, making wallpaper or optimising them, has to been done on my iMac ... but I don't like to import them there to, because if there are files delete on one device or I have to reuse the CF-card while the shooting goes on, only one device is up to date ...

Is there a possibility like the "home-sharing" of iTunes to syncronise both libraries as soon as they are connected about WLAN?

Thank a lot,

Florian

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2013 10:27 AM   in reply to Florian Müller

There's nothing to synchronize because there are no "libraries".  Bridge does not rely on a Libraries paradigm at all.

Bridge is just a file browser, nothing less and nothing more.  It simply looks at what the Macintosh Finder has to offer.  It is not a DAM (Digital Asset Manager).

What you want/need would require the ability to synchronize the respective Finder on different machines, an obvious impossibility.

In its first iteration(s), the Bridge started out as the Photoshop File Browser, and that's exactly what it was called:

Ps_7_FileBrowser-Help.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 12:32 PM   in reply to Florian Müller

In all honesty, I have to plead complete and utter ignorance of what an "attache" on Windows could be, as I've only used Windows for the most menial tasks imaginable. 

If by "copying everything across" you mean using Bridge to copy files from one machine to the other, then the answer is YES !, all metadata would be copied too, whether in the sidecar XMP file, which also gets copied automatically and transparently by Bridge, or embedded in a DNG.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 12:36 PM   in reply to Florian Müller

Note that if you use the Macintosh Finder to copy the files, then you'd have to make sure that you copy the sidecar XMP files manually yourself in order to copy the metadata to the other device as well.  That's why I stressed "using Bridge to copy files from one machine to the other".

Message was edited by: station_two

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to Florian Müller

Please note that I edited my previous post #5.  Edits are not broadcast by email, just in case you access the forums by email.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points