Skip navigation
wojtczak
Currently Being Moderated

Curve text around image ID CS2

May 6, 2013 8:50 AM

Tags: #layout

I've been trying to folow a Youtube video on how to do this, but it just isn't making sense to me -- I cannot seem to even find the right tool to do it.

I have inserted the image using the oval marquee tool to make a text box, then "placed" the image. I'd now like the text to its left to flow around it.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Image1.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2013 11:36 AM   in reply to wojtczak

A YouTube video? The online Help should be enough: http://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/text-wrap.html#change_the_shape_ of_a_text_wrap

If your placed image still is an oval, I think it's enough to click the right "wrap" icon in the Text Wrap panel -- the one with 'text' lines going around the image.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 1:26 PM   in reply to wojtczak

Hi - glad you got your probem sorted. Regarding the caption, can you not move it onto the pic (across the bottom in a knocked back panel maybe)? Then you won't lose your nice wrap shape.

Mal

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 12:30 PM   in reply to wojtczak

wojtczak wrote:

I've fiddled with the caption endlessly to make it look better, but it jumps around a bit when I get it anywhere near the image.

Select the caption's text frame, right-click and choose Text Frame Options. Set the frame to Ignore Text Wrap.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points