Skip navigation
BiancaWriter
Currently Being Moderated

How can I add callouts on top of anchored images in CS6?

May 6, 2013 10:21 AM

Tags: #images #callouts #grouping #cs6 #anchored_objects #anchored_images

I am using InDesign CS6 on a MacBook. I have multiple anchored images in a long document. Some of the images require callouts, such as labels or arrows, which should display on top of the image and should always stay with the image as if these items were also anchored. Is there a way to layer images in InDesign so that they are all anchored?

I tried grouping the callout objects with the anchored object, but you cannot select an anchored object and other objects at the same time. I know in Word you can create an image canvas and add multiple items to that, and they are all grouped together. Is there a way to do that in InDesign? Or would I have to anchor each callout along with its corresponding image?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2013 10:39 AM   in reply to BiancaWriter

You must release the anchored object, group it with the callout, then anchor the group.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bernie X
    91 posts
    Feb 20, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to BiancaWriter

Sounds like the callout labels are set to align to baseline.  Un-enabling align to baseline or creating custom baselines, for these text boxes, should give you more flexibility.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2013 12:58 PM   in reply to Bernie X

Could also be that text wrap is applied to some component object of the group, rather than to the group itself. Does checking the Ignore Text Wrap box in the text frame options dialog make a difference?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points