Skip navigation
avkelly
Currently Being Moderated

Trouble with Motion Tween (Can't find answer)

May 6, 2013 4:12 PM

Tags: #cs4 #help #not #flash #flash_professional #motion #tween #actions

Hello,

I've been having trouble using a motion tween in an animation I'm creating. I have an object (a cartoon character's talking head) that I'm trying to move along a motion tween. At one point I want to make him stop moving for a beat, then continue. However, when I have two keyframes in the same place, the object will move up and down between the two keyframes that have the same position and rotation. When I click on the tween's path, I don't see anything that would make the object move (at least I don't think so, it's a small movement),

I looked around and couldn't find any fixes on the interwebs. However, it does seem similar to the "boomerang effect" of motion paths in AE. Especially since it appears to only happen when I make the motion paths into a curve.

I'm using Flash CS4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 6, 2013 5:07 PM   in reply to avkelly

use one motion tween per layer.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 7, 2013 11:08 AM   in reply to avkelly

attach a screenshot showing the timeline with your motion tweens.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 7, 2013 12:28 PM   in reply to avkelly

you have one layer with that motion tween.  you need to use two (or more) layers if you want no motion tween between two keyframes.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 7, 2013 1:26 PM   in reply to avkelly

i'm not arguing with you.  i'm just telling you how to prevent tweening between two frames.

if you want to do it your way, do it your way.  but, while it may seem obvious to you that there should be no tweening between two keyfames with identical content, it's not obvious to flash especially when you add a motion tween between those two identical keyframes.

that said, you should double check the two keyframes and make sure the object's properties are indentical (using the properties panel).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points