Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Overlapping arrows in a circle

May 6, 2013 3:43 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make overlapping arrows in a circle like the ones here. I pretty much have it, but I'm having trouble with how to get the layers right.

Here's what I have so far:

arrows.JPG

Note that my spacing is a little off, number 1. I tried to rotate each arrow 60 degrees, but it's not perfect.

Secondly, the bottom arrow is above everything, instead of above at the point and below at that base. How does one achieve that feat?

Thanks for any help from a beginner!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2013 3:58 PM   in reply to PauletteP2

Paulette,

There may be more ways, depending on the way you colour the arrows.

One way that works in any case, without changing the colour transition, is to:

1) Create a copy of the second last arrow, move it to the top in the Layers palette, and change its colour to white;

2) Select that and the last arrow and in the Transparency palette flyout tick Make Opacity Mask, with Clip unticked and Invert mask ticked.

Another way, which might change the colour transition, might (otherwise) be to:

1) Create a copy of the second last arrow, move it to the top in the Layers palette;

2) Select that and the last arrow and Pathfinder>Minus front (Subtract from shape area, maybe requiring you to press Alt/Option in older versions).

To rotate precisely by 60 degrees in a simple way, you may create a large circle centred at the centre of the arrows, select that and the first arrow, and Object>Transform>Rotate both together by 60 degrees until you have them all.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 24, 2013 2:34 AM   in reply to PauletteP2

Hey PauletteP2.
    I was searching around for toturials of how to make a cirkle of arrows. I have found some, but not quite the right one yet. I saw your circle and it is a circle similar to yours i wish to make, but i am having some trouble. I have at this point made this circle but it isn't how i imagined it. I want to make a cirkel of arrows where the arrowheads are "out of the circle" like yours. Can you give me a quick guide of how it is done? Thanks.

Udklip.JPG

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points