Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone else disappointed in new Photoshop CC features?

May 6, 2013 6:46 PM

Tags: #creative_cloud

Watched the demos today. The Deblur filter is nice, but I bet does not work as well as we'd hope. The Camera Raw filter is definitely helpful. But I kind of do that already with a lightroom round trip. The image straightening as in LR is nice. But I'm disappointed the new feature set is kind of lackluster. Remember the first time you saw content aware, scaling, or fill? That was groundbreaking.

Just5 curious what others think of the new version?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2013 11:12 PM   in reply to Picturequest

Adobe software hasn't been "groundbreaking" for the last 5 years.... 'nuff said....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 7:16 AM   in reply to Picturequest

Well, they're gonna add features, that's for sure, they might just end up being equally flabbergasting as parametric rounded corners.... *lol* To be fair, though, if I was a photographer I might be somewhat interested in the deblur thing, but otherwise I'm once more left with this "So what...?" feeling.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 8, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to Picturequest

See this page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/features.html

Personally I think some of those features are great.  Better sharpening, detail preserving upsampling, the ability to run Camera Raw as a filter on an open image...  All these things can lead to making noticeably higher quality images.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Yeah, sure, if I was a photographer I might get that tingle in my left big toe, but since I'm not and mostly use it to edit textures for my 3D work or create graphical designs, it feels a bit hum-ho...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 10:52 AM   in reply to Picturequest

Still hoping for the TV Forensic Investor version?  Me too. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 8, 2013 11:03 AM   in reply to Mylenium

Mylenium wrote:

it feels a bit hum-ho...

Understood. 

Seems like there's some 3D texture stuff listed there, though to be fair I've not gotten so far into 3D as to paint on 3D objects yet.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 11:29 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I don't know a single person who would even consider PS for a second for this work, to be honest. If I needed organic texture painting in 3D, Mari/ Mudbox/ ZBrush are absolute no-brainers. PS is okay for working on the unwrapped 2D textures and my technical stuff I can slap on with cylindrical/ flat/ spherical projections, but that 3D painting stuff seems like Adobe is trying all too eagerly to prove something to the world...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,049 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    May 8, 2013 11:48 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

See this page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/features.html

Personally I think some of those features are great.  Better sharpening, detail preserving upsampling, the ability to run Camera Raw as a filter on an open image...  All these things can lead to making noticeably higher quality images.

What good are new features in Photoshop not a single word about any Photoshop Bug being fixed. CS6 has been crashing from day one.  Most of the bugs that crash Photoshop have been fixed. Still remains one remains. Photoshop may not crash everyday but not a week goes by without a Photoshop crash in ScriptUIFlex.dll offset 7DF5.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 8, 2013 1:45 PM   in reply to JJMack

You know by now not to expect announcements of bugfixes.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points