Skip navigation
LPATWILLFILM
Currently Being Moderated

ADOBE ENCORE & EXPORTING TO DVD

May 6, 2013 8:13 PM

GUYS I AM TRYING TO EXPORT MY FOOTAGE FROM ADOBE PREMIERE CS6 TO DVD.

ALL OF MY SETTINGS ARE JUST RIGHT.

BUT, I WENT INTO ANOTHER FORUM AND I WAS TOLD I NEED ADOBE ENCORE IN ORDER TO

FULLY BURN THE FOOTAGE TO DVD.

WHEN I CLICK ON ENCORE APP HERE TO "TRY IT" THE APP DOES NOT COME UP.

WHAT TO DO????

WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS????

DO I ABSOLUTELY NEED ENCORE TO EXPORT MY FOOTAGE TO DVD????

MY BLANK DVD SAYS MY FOOTAGE (THE FILE) IS READY TO BE WRITTEN TO THE DISC (DVD)

BUT, NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

PLEASE ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS WELCOME.

THANKS!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2013 8:33 PM   in reply to LPATWILLFILM

<< Moving to Encore discussion >>

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 8:50 PM   in reply to LPATWILLFILM

DO I ABSOLUTELY NEED ENCORE TO EXPORT MY FOOTAGE TO DVD????

A DVD to play to a TV requires the files be "authored" to DVD specifications. That is part of what Encore does. You can't simply copy/burn files to a DVD.

WHEN I CLICK ON ENCORE APP HERE TO "TRY IT" THE APP DOES NOT COME UP.

Do you have the cloud? Have you installed Encore?

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 9:35 PM   in reply to LPATWILLFILM

You are using Premiere (cloud version) and it is activated; yes?

If so, Encore is there and should work. You just have to find it! Start -> Programs, and look in all adobe things...

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 10:08 PM   in reply to LPATWILLFILM

it is telling me the PROBLEM is TILE REMOTE NOT SET and END ACTION NOT SET.

You can ignore the title remote not being set. To set it, select the Flowchart tab, click on the disk, then to the right, select an option for the "Title Button."

EN CS6 Title Remote Set.PNG

For the End Action, select your timeline in the project panel or the timeline panel. In properties to the right, set an option for the end action.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 10:41 PM   in reply to LPATWILLFILM

"Probably." Depends on length of the video, machine power, type of source footage/effects applied in Premiere, etc.

If this round doesn't complete, use a 10 minute test segment to see how long that takes.

I think it is a good idea to use "transcode now" before building to separate the (usually longer) transcode of assets step from building the disk.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 7:14 AM   in reply to LPATWILLFILM

You mentioned earlier that you had rendered the video as DVD MPEG-2. If that was the case, it should not need transcoding again in Encore, unless you altered the length of the clip in Encore.

From Premiere, you can use File > Export > Media and then in Adobe Media Encoder, choose "MPEG-2 DVD" as the Format, and use an appropriate preset for your type of footage. You may need or want to adjust the bitrate depending on the length of your program, otherwise the rest of the options should not need changing. The resulting audio and video clips can then be imported into Encore using "File > Import > As Timeline", and be sure to select both clips at once when doing this. Any DVD chapter marks you had placed in Premiere will remain intact using this method.

When you Build in Encore, it should only Transcode the audio (to Dolby) which takes just a minute or two usually. The video should not Transcode, since you created a DVD-legal format already.

The other method from Premiere is to use Dynamic Link to Encore, which automates the process from Premiere to Encore, but most folks on this forum are not huge fans and prefer the manual control I described. If you pre-render the MPEG-2 DVD file, then once you get into Encore, you can have a finished DVD in your hands in literally a few minutes, since the bulk of rendering was already done.

If you can tell us about your computer (Mac or PC, what specs?) and your video source format, we can offer some estimates of how long these steps ought to be taking, and maybe offer a few more workflow tips as well.

Also, as matter of netiquette, posting in ALL CAPS is the same as shouting. Welcome to the forum ;-)

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to LPATWILLFILM

The tutorial list in message #3 http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276578 may help

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points