Skip navigation
Rachel Faller
Currently Being Moderated

Font has disappeared, despite loading on every other program

May 6, 2013 9:42 PM

I've been working with one font on several different documents including indesign, and all of a sudden it was replaced by Times New Roman all throughout my indesign document that I have been working on for months. The font is still working in illustrator though. I'm using CS3. Help??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2013 5:05 AM   in reply to Rachel Faller

Did the style get redefined?  Does the font show in your list?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2013 8:28 PM   in reply to Rachel Faller

Did you upgrade your system recently? (OS or hardware).

Is the font Opentype? T1, TT?

Do you have a backup of the font in its original format (a zip file or disk)?

If so, try to: Deactiveate the font in fontbook, move those font files to the trash, restart your system and re-add a fresh version of the font into font book (from original disk, or expanded archive, etc.) although it sounds like you've possibly tried that at some point, it's not in your list above. I think "making sure it's in font book and verified" doesn't mean that some part of the font isn't still broken enough to trip up software using it. Also something might have happened to your CS3. Do you have install disks to reinstall?

Lastly, if you have many many fonts and not much memory on your system, try turning off all fonts you aren't using for this project (except the fonts that the system needs and won't let you deactivate). This might help if you have tons of fonts on a system with very little memory.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points