Skip navigation
hudstevesimon
Currently Being Moderated

Productsliquidators.com - need a domain name like this domain

May 7, 2013 5:44 AM

Hi everyone, I saw a domain name Productsliquidators.com .I want this domain exactly or similar to it. I don't have any idea about domains, so I want to ask you that is it possible for me. Please reply.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2013 6:01 AM   in reply to hudstevesimon

You need to go to a domain name registrar like http://www.networksolutions.com, http://www.godaddy.com or any number of others to see if a name is available and to purchase it if it is.

Once the domain is purchased, you'll need to pay a hosting company to make it available online.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to hudstevesimon

I usually use whois-service.com to check for these things (and register through my hosting provider).

I do not recommend GoDaddy for anything. We currently have another thread that is active in this forum where someone cannot add a MIME type for an HTML5 website because they'e on GoDaddy.

According to the registration on that particular domain, it's all ready registered (to GoDaddy). You might check out the .org or .net version.

I do not recommend you try to buy a domain from one of those cybersquatters or domain squatters. All of them are scam artists who will claim that someone "outbid" you. And I've never seen a GoDaddy auction sell a domain name for a reasonable price.

Remember, domain registration costs $11.99 annually and this rate is set by international treaties. Companies that are trying to register domains for a profit tell you that you "have to have Domain Privacy enabled." If you're a business, you don't and ought not to have any Domain Privacy enabled because, if you are using the domain to sell stuff, the companies who sell Security Certificates must see who owns the domain and that must coincide with the actual business. If you are worried about spammers scraping your email address off a domain registration, use an email address that is not a routine part of your business or invest in a decent anti-spam plugin for your email client. They also mark up domain registration, "put them on sale" and do other wierd things. This is not a trustworthy practice and it's best to stay away from companies who do this.

-Mark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points