Skip navigation
On_the_Rise
Currently Being Moderated

How to scale animation? (or apply scale transforms?)

May 7, 2013 6:37 AM

Tags: #flash #transform #flash_professional #movieclip #animation #cs6 #scale #tweens #starling #motion_tweens #flash_cs6 #skeletal_animation #flash_ide #dragonbones #bitmap_animation

Hi,

I made a flash game in 640x480 pixels resolution with lots of skeletal animation and bitmap-graphics. Now I want to recreate the very same game for 1024x768. Graphicwise this is no problem, since I've drawn the graphics in a much higher resolution anyway. But I have problems figuring out how to scale all the animations (tweens) I did in the Flash IDE. Needless to say I can scale each MovieClip to 160%, so they have the right size. But then the MovieClips graphical pieces look pixelated, so I would like to replace those pieces with their higher resoluted equivalents. However, if I do so the higher-resoluted-equivalents are, of course, in turn scaled to 160% as well, so they end up far too big. What I am looking for at this point is a way to apply the scale to the MovieClip as well as its contents. Is there a way to do this? And if not, how would you go at scaling animations / tweens to higher resolutions inside the Flash IDE?

Or do I have to recreate all animations? (That would be a lot)

By the way, the animations are to be read by the DragonBones-plugin directly inside the Flash IDE (it creates a texture-atlas and xml-files out of the movieclips), so affecting things with Actionscript is no option.

Best regards

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2013 11:04 AM   in reply to On_the_Rise

Did you try NOT scaling it to 160% before re-importing new graphics so they import at the expected size?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 6:07 AM   in reply to On_the_Rise

Just import the original scale to DragonBones and in DragonBones exportPanel, there is a scale text input, input 1.6 here and click export. Your skeleton will be export as 1.6x.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 9:30 AM   in reply to On_the_Rise

I also would recommend using a tool like the above mentioned. The process will otherwise require exactly what you don't want to do, replace each piece individually with adjustments.

There is some JSFL code that can help here but honestly learning a new language just to solve this one short case issue isn't really advisable.

It might be a good time to consider Stage3D however. While this is an even larger leap than re-importing and aligning all assets, the performance boost would be so amazing it would be well worth your time. 2D sponsored engines like Starling have a texture scale during import that can help here as it seems based on your desired resolution that mobile is or may be important.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points