• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Books not opening

Explorer ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't the other TOC books open after viewing a particular topic?  Is there a limit as to how many books and topics you can have in a TOC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No limit that I am aware of.

You haven't given enough information to help you further.

What type of help?

If webhelp, have you tried more than one browser and which ones?

What version of Rh?

Do you mean a "particular" in that only one topic is causing the problem?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the lack of information...

This is happening in RH10 for Webhelp.  It is happening in both IE and Firefox and yes so far only two topics out of about 150 is causing this.

For the life of me, I cannot see the difference between those two in terms of how they are set up in the properties compared to the others.

Thanks for you quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you could try deleting the CPD file and reopening the project but I doubt that will help.

After that, first tag the two rogue topics and use a build expression to exclude them from the build. Check that everything then works OK.

If it does, often the quickest solution when the number of topics is small is to paste the content into a text editor and then paste it into a new topic and reformat.

Maybe comparing the new and old topics will reveal what the isssue was.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did? I made two suggestions.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The part where you tag the rogue topics with a build expression to exclude them and do a copy and paste into new topics.

I took a look at the html code and it looked pretty much the same to me...  Not sure what happened.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp