Skip navigation
PleaseTakeMyName
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver software on my local machine

May 7, 2013 9:36 AM

Tags: #cs6 #download_apps

When I downloaded my dreamweaver previously, it lived on my machine locally. Now it appears to live in the cloud for which I will have to pay monthly.

I don't want to be in the cloud, I just want my dreamweaver software to work on my computer like it used to do. Is this possible?

Thanks, tried to find the answer but can't seem to find it anywyere. I downloaded the cs6 trial, but it doesn't see to have installed like it used to.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2013 10:00 AM   in reply to PleaseTakeMyName

Hi

All the CC, (cloud) programs are installed on your computer, it is just the way they are installed that is different.

They do not require an internet connection to work, (only once a month to check licensing).

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 11:31 AM   in reply to PleaseTakeMyName

The Cloud is a monthly subscription. You pay $50/month/person and it includes ALL Adobe programs.

While your monthly subscription runs, you are only required to have internet access once a month for the program to verify your account is up to date.

Nothing NEEDS to be stored in "the cloud" but they do offer you some space with the subscription.

There will not be an option to purchase the software outright anymore (after CS6 which is currently available).

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to PleaseTakeMyName

If you have Perpetual Licensed software that you purchased already installed on your computer, it won't stop working.  You can keep using it indefinitely or until your Operating System can no longer support it.

Cloud software is the only way people will get the next release (CS7).  In the meantime, CS6 is still available for purchase if you need it.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 4:13 PM   in reply to PleaseTakeMyName

Browsers won't stop supporting HTML and CSS.   What matters is your Operating System. As some people who have really old versions of DW are finding, the older software just doesn't work well in a modern OS.   If you never upgrade your OS, you can probably take CS6 to retirement and beyond...

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points