Skip navigation
i_am_cipher
Currently Being Moderated

Adjustments affecting playback preview quality?

May 7, 2013 1:51 PM

Hi,

I'm probably doing soemthing wrong again.

My video preview plays fine until I add any kind of adjustments to a clip, even as simple a vibrancy adjustmment. After I render then the preview gets very degraded and blocky.

i just undid all of my adjustments to my movie and re-rendred and instead of it being a green line through every clip, half have no line. The ones with no line playpback fine, but the ones with green lines playback bad quality.

Of course if I ad an adjustment to the clips that look fine,adn render, they get bad again.

I know this only afects the preview (atleast i think it is, the output looks ok) but its  abit diffcult working with video and trying to make proper adjustments when its difficult to see what you are doing because the quality turns to mush.

Still learning PE11, and i need to get this little project done in the next 2 weeks or so.

I tried searching about this bit can't seem to find an answer

Thanks

Jim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2013 2:17 PM   in reply to i_am_cipher

Jim

Is your video card driver up to date?

Right click the monitor, select Playback Quality, and then determine if you get better results with Automatic or Highest options.

What is your project preset and what are the properties of your source media...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, file extension, and such?

The no colored line over content would be indicative of a first drag to the Timeline, native format, and no edits on your side yet.

Are you using more than one than one monitor? Is the problem only with one specific footage or is this problem affecting everything from videos to stills?

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 5:24 PM   in reply to i_am_cipher

Jim

We will figure this out yet.

I am going to get my hands on some 1080p60 footage and apply some effects to it to confirm that there is nothing undocumented by Adobe that is going on.

I will start with vibrancy and see what happens.

I will get to that now unless I get detoured. Any other effects that cause more problems than others?

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Please double check to make sure that this is just a preview matter. What does the 1080p60 with applied effects look like at playback of its 1060p60 (AVCHD.mp4) export?

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 4:57 AM   in reply to i_am_cipher

Jim

Thanks for the additional information.

Need your confirmation on an aspect of the preview problems with the 1080p60 to which effects are applied.

If you have not already checked this out, please import some jpeg photos, apply the same effects as those you were applying to the 1080p60, and then let us know if same problem with jpeg photos. If no problem, then check out using video of a format other than 1080p60. Hoping to rule in or out whether the problem is video format specific or a Premiere Elements 11/computer matter.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 5:26 PM   in reply to i_am_cipher

Jim

You wrote:

I have Win7 running on a seperate SSD drive, i'm going to try and get some video editing software on there, maybe a PE11 trial, and see what happens.Just to rule that out.

Sounds like a great idea.

I have never had a Mac, so I do not have any first hand experience with Mac and video card and their drivers. Any chance you can contact the manufacturer of the video card and see if there is any Mac video card information out there that might shed some light on this. It really sounds like a video card problem. Guess work.

I was just about to post some "just in case" ideas for the Premiere Elements 11 Mac when I saw your plan.

Not sure if the following would help, but...

a. Edit Menu/Project Settings/Video Render

Maybe take a look at "Maximum Bit Depth" with and without check mark

and

"Optimize Stills" with and without check mark

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 9:59 AM   in reply to i_am_cipher

Jim

Please check your Adobe Forum Private Messages for one from me.

Your results with Premiere Elements 11 Mac trial and Windows were a surprise.

But, just to confirm...have you said that the issue exists for video (same or different format) as well as jpeg photos?

More later...

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points