Skip navigation
sant4cruz
Currently Being Moderated

Flash CS5 exporting issue with particular .fla

May 7, 2013 5:41 PM

Tags: #slow_playback #export_issues

I'm working on a project in Flash CS5 with 4 scenes.  When I test my movie in flash professional, it plays perfectly.  When I export it as a .swf or .mov, the playback is slow and choppy.  My movie is 24fps and I've matched the export fps when trying to make it a .mov.  The only way it plays smooth out of flash professional is when it is published as an .html.  I went back and tried other projects and they export fine.  One thing I noticed when trying to export the .swf is that export process goes extremely quickly like it is not going through all the steps.  The export bar appears for less than a second and then the file is complete, with poor quality. Any ideas on a fix?  I even tried copying it into a new .fla, but it didn't work.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 12:33 AM   in reply to sant4cruz

The only way it plays smooth out of flash professional is when it is published as an .html

You don`t publish a flash movie to html, html is only the wrapper around the swf-file, so if your swf works fine embedded inside an html and is choppy when testing as a standalone swf, it has probably to do with some background  processes flash is running during the test (Auto-saving or whatever). Try to close the FlashPro IDE before running your swf file, you should get at least the performance that you get inside a browser.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points