FrameMaker 10 (Windows)
It seems that if I specify the sort order for Simplified Chinese (pinyin) on the reference page,
index entries that start with "i" and "v" are not shown under their corresponding group titles.
(I assume that this may be due to the fact that pinyin words never start with these letters.)
If I have an entry that starts with an English word like "IP," it appears under the "J" group.
I want the entry to appear under the "I" group. How can I do this?
I have the IX reference page set up as follows:
I've also tried:
Thanks in advance.
> I am manually editing the index every time I update it.
Seems like it would be a modest one time effort, but less on-going effort, to use the trailing [sort-hint] markup on the Index Marker > Marker Text to work-around what appears to be a bug.
Search FM Help on:
framemaker index marker building blocks
There are a number of markups (building blocks) you can use in the Marker Text of a Marker of type Index, such as : (colon) ; (semicolon) [ ] (brackets) <$startrange> <$endrange> <$nopage> <$singlepage> <Character Format Name> <Default Para Font>
Brackets in the Marker Text are used for sorting instead of the plaintext.
causes "$sort" to show up under "S" in the index instead of under Symbols.
I see what you are saying, but it won't work because as soon as you specify <$pinyin> in SortOrderIX paragraph of the reference page,
index group entries I and V disappear.
Even if I were to specify
there is no "I" index group to put this entry under.
I sort of found a workaround, but it may lead to other problems, so use it at your own risk.
It also requires a bit of work.
The idea is to use the sort order for Japanese by specifying the following in the IX reference page.
Symbols[\ ];数字;A;B;C;D;E;F;G;H;I;J;K;L;M;N;O;P;Q;R;S;T;U;V;W;X;Y;Z;あ;い;う;え;お ;か;き;く;け;こ;さ;し;す;せ;そ;た;ち;つ;て;と;な;に;ぬ;ね;の;は;ひ;ふ;へ;ほ;ま;み;む;め;も;や;ゆ;よ;ら;り ;る;れ;ろ;わ;ん;[ ]
Then, you need to capitalize the first letter in the bracket used for sorting for every index entry.
Now, I'm wondering if there is a way to do a search and replace on all index entries to capitalize the first letter...