Skip navigation
maltman2
Currently Being Moderated

Content is blank but I know images are there

May 7, 2013 7:37 PM

Tags: #windows8 #blank_content

This is really strange.  I bought a template off of graphicriver.net so I know that conent is in the file.  I even had a friend try to open it on his computer and he had no issues.  However, when I try to open the file on my computer it's just a blank page.  But, whenever I use the scroll bars, the content appears on the screen and then goes away when I stop.  I took a screen capture of the blank page but you can see from the floating side bar that the pages are visable with content on pages 1 and 2... but it won't show in the main area.  Screen capture:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jci2cdzjf17s6xo/InDesign.PNG

I'm using windows 8 by the way, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2013 8:07 PM   in reply to maltman2

Have you tried under the "View" menu > Display Performance > Fast Display? Or > Typical Display? It sounds a little like a memory issue, redraw issue... Aside from using Windows 8, you may not have enough memory to run CS6 on complex view settings... how much memory does your system have?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 8:35 PM   in reply to maltman2

Agreed, it's likely not a performance issue, however Windows 8, the newest Creative Suite, and high resolution screens COMBINED are very demanding on resources, one of which is your video card ... which may have its own memory and performance level independent of your processor, or may use your system memory. 8 GB is not that much if you are running a large monitor or a high resolution laptop screen. Can't hurt to try "fast display" to see if it works.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 3:56 AM   in reply to maltman2

Your screen shot looks as if you are in Preview mode, which makes me think the content may be set to non-printing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points