Skip navigation
limevixen
Currently Being Moderated

Second page of two-page PDFs printing upside-down

May 8, 2013 10:13 AM

Tags: #pdf #cs6 #printing_multiple_pages

In the past two days, two-page PDFs that I save out of CS6 are printing with the second page upside down. I have tried resaving the documents—didn't work. Tried saving the documents as individual PDFs and combining the PDFs in Acrobat—didn't work. I have had my colleagues print them, and the second page is upside-down too. When I print two-page PDFs that I saved last week or longer ago, I have no problem at all. It just seems to be happening with recently saved PDFs. I didn't update any software on my computer between saving the PDFs that are printing correctly and when this problem began.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to limevixen

Sounds like a document-sticky printer default may have changed...like a duplex-tumble setting. Does page two appear correctly on screen?

To troubleshoot here in the forum, you'd have to provide a lot more detail with respect to your methods; perhaps with screenshots of all related dialogs.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to limevixen

It's a printing issue, not an Illustrator issue. For example, you might try unchecking "Auto-rotate and Center" in the printing options. Otherwise, check your printer settings.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 9:24 PM   in reply to limevixen

I have the same problem, one file from AI I can save its PDF version, and it prints corretly, but another file, also created with Illustrator and then saved as PDF, in the same MacBook, and the second page it's upside down, using the same printer. I even turn around the second page in Illustrator, convert it to PDF... and still printing the other way around! I don't know what could happening :S HELP!

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 3:28 AM   in reply to limevixen

It's a printing issue, not an Illustrator issue.

I'm inclined to agree. Logic suggests that if all is as expected in Illustrator, and the saved PDF displays correctly, then those processes aren't broken, and the discrepancy ocurrs subsequently.

No print = no problem

Print = problem

"Inverted page 2" is not a widely-known Illustrator/PDF-related bug-effect, and it stands to reason that if you who have hands-on access to the files, devices, and interfaces haven't find the cause, then no one can do so remotely. The relatively superficial attempts we've made here so far are about all we can do, until/unless someone who has had and solved the same problem comes along.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 9:16 AM   in reply to limevixen

What happens if you change the Print Preset (dropdown at the top of the Print window) to Default from Custom?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 9:23 AM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

ermm.. Didn't I post to uncheck Auto-rotate?

Is this Mac or Windows? 

Have you checked that print drivers are up to date?

Have you reinstalled print drivers?

On the Mac, it can be helpful to remove the printer from the printer preferences in system preferences and then add it back.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 2:28 PM   in reply to limevixen

i think i have the answer

1st install the Printers PS Driver

2nd choose duplex second side printing print on short edge.

the trick is here

you have to select 2 or more copies, themn you will see box that says Collate uncheck that box and print.

i was printing a 8 1/2x 11 doc on 11x17 2 sides

and this worked for me. good luck

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2014 3:09 PM   in reply to limevixen

I fixed it!!!!!! For me atleast.

So i had been trying to print out my DIY xerox Zine for a couple months and was getting the every other page upside down problem, what I figured out that for me it was a printer setting problem.

If you are using a PC Go to:

Print> Printer Properties> Layout> Image Shift Settings> Click on Same Value for both sides> Make sure the values are checked "Right" and Bottom"> Click OK> Make sure the Image Shift box is checked and> VOILA!

Print ans see the magic happen.

I hope

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points