Skip navigation
artialis
Currently Being Moderated

Desperate Help Pemier 11: Render + Burn to DVD

May 8, 2013 12:18 PM

Tags: #issue #render #dvd #premier_ #11_ #burn_ #dslr_ #transcode_ #ram_ #render_ #dvd_ #and_render_premier_11 #student_assignment

Hi

I have spent 2 months making a complex short film on premier 11 for a post graduate assignment at university - many hours work has gone into it from photoshop etc The film is 10 mins, with a 7D DSLR, Full HD clips Jpegs, PDfs, Sound FX and dialogue. I have made extensive use of filters (cartoon fx etc), virtual pans, green screen live action over matt paintings etc, time differences etc and transitions of some sort on every single clip. Some clips form a sort of animated FX so are very short and condensed although I have not altered the time line for this. The file is over 1 GB in size.

I am using windows XP Home SP 3, 2Ghz, 2 GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce Go 7600, Genuine Intel CPU T500  laptop (17inch).

I was able to render about 38 pecent of the completed project on the timeline, but the render option does not operate beyond this.

I'm under alot of pressure as I stayed awake all night attempting to render both from the timeline and the share tab. I have missed my initial deadline and will fail my university assignment unless I can render the project as it is. I really cannot afford to redo the project as it is complex: it has taken many hours and weeks and I do not have further timescale options as far as university is concerned. This project is only the rough cut to date. Further refinements (namely sound files) are still to be added and edited at a later stage. Another render and burn will be needed at that stage when the file is bigger still. Right now I need to render the current version fast. I will fail my post gradauate studies without a playable DVD.

Could it be rendered on a more powerful Windows PC with more RAM? I have the Premier 11 discs for Windows and Mac. Could the file be rendered on another computer ( without messing up the file or altering it) if I installed the disc on someone else's computer?

What is the best option for rendering and burning this file to DVD? I am desperate for a solution after so much hard work (8-10hr a day shifts for 4wks).

I cannot redo the files as it is too complex a project to start over. Any advice?

Thanks

Alison

mail: artalis@hotmail.com

Also, is it possible to divide the film into 2/3 parts and render each piece separately, then reimport the parts back into Premier 11 in the Add Files window and build them into a new timeline, that might render and burn to DVD better?

Message was edited by: artialis

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 7:38 PM   in reply to artialis

Alison

Plan 1: Pack up and go to a Windows 7 or 8 64 bit computer with 4 GB RAM or more installed.

1. In going this route, Premiere Elements 11 will be a 64 bit application, rather than a 32 bit, and, as a 64 bit application can take advantage of more of the computer resources.

2. Beside this plan being dependent on access to the computer suggested, it will depend on Premiere Elements 11 on your Windows XP 32 bit 2 GB RAM having enough resources so that you can get Premiere Elements 11 to save your project via the File Menu/Project Archiver, Copy Option. This Project Archiver route will render a folder named Copied which will have copies of all your source media as well as the project file (project.prel). Transfer this saved Copied Folder to a USB Flash Drive and use it in the computer suggested that has Premiere Elements 11 installed. Do not try use a Premiere Elements version earlier than 11 on the borrowed computer.

Plan 2: Stay where you are and optimize the environment as much as possible

1. You do not need to render the Timeline prior to export.

This is just a preview thing that assures that you are seeing the best possible preview in the Monitor of what to expect in the end product. Again it will not affect the end product. Bad will be bad and good will be good. But, it is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. HOWEVER, under the circumstances, I will suggest taking a chance that good is good and move on to the take your chances with burn to disc DVD. When you have your DVD disc in the DVD burner tray and you are in the burn dialog, what does the quality area of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate? The standard DVD-R specs are 4.7 GB/120 min (in reality that 4.7 is 4.3 GB). The bitrate max in the burn dialog is 8.00 Mbps (megabits per second).

2. Where are you getting your hard drive space for this Windows XP computer? Just from the Local Disk C? Go to the Adobe Folder/Premiere Elements/11 and look for pile ups in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder and the Media Cache Folder. Delete contents of all. All your Timeline files will be unrendered at that time. Right now we are abandoning rendering the Timeline which generates those preview files and putting aside preview considerations. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Media/and hit Clean for the Media Cache there (you will be deleting conformed video files .mcdb). Get as much as possible off the computer Local Disk C if you are getting to a dangerously low amount of free space for the drive.

3. If your set up lets you, it is a good idea to make a copy of the project (See File Menu/Save A Copy with a different name and save location. If you see this is a problem and eats up some valuable hard drive space, hold off on that.

Please review the above and let us see if you can use the suggestions as is or fine tuned.

Thanks.

ATR

Note: I find that is generally not a good idea to post email addresses.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to artialis

For "Error Compiling Movie," this Adobe KB Article might be useful: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering -or.html

Also, to insure that you have not accidently set the WAB (Work Area Bar) to less than the full Duration of the Timeline, with the Timeline having focus, hit the \ (Backslash key), to zoom to the full view of the Timeline, and then Dbl-click on the little "knurled box" in the middle of the WAB, to expand that to the full Duration of the Timeline. For more detail on the WAB, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5170142#5170142

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points