Skip navigation
berkheiser
Currently Being Moderated

iPad mini help

May 8, 2013 10:36 AM

I have the revel app icon on my ipad mini desktop.

For WEEKS I have had the message "956 originals uploading"

What does this mean?

Also: revel is supposed to be a remote/cloud storage server that I ACCESS from any computer.

It is taking up 2gb of memory.

If I try and "delete" the app/icon, it says i will lose all photos.

How can I log off and get my 2gb of memory back?

If it is taking up memory, what is the point of revel? It doubles memory usage.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 6:52 PM   in reply to berkheiser

Hello,

It appears that you might have an image that might be stuck in the upload process. Do you see any images appear in Revel?

Yes you can access Revel from any computer using Adoberevel.com. Currently the Revel app is only available for Mac, Ipad and Iphones.

When you upload images for the first time in Revel on iOS and MAC we create Thumbnails, Loupe previews (loupe is the view when you tap an image to view it larger) and cache them. We also cache the originals. The images are stored in the cloud.

When you use Revel on iOS and MAC and open a library for the first time we cache the thumbnails for the image thumbnails you are viewing. We download loupe previews and originals for editing on demand and only cache them as you view them. On MAC we take an additional step and cache the originals for the library. (This original downloading is not done on iOS)

If you upload 100 mb of images you will need the equal amount of 100mb of free space on the ipad.

You can try to clear the cache of the images on the ipad by going into the settings in Revel, then click on the blue arrow next to the library name. When you click "Clear Cache" it will removed the stored cached copy of the images that you uploaded off your ipad. It will not touch or remove the image that is stored in the camer roll.  This will free up some memory on  your ipad. Remember its always good to keep a back up copy of your images on a computer or external hard drive.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

Scott

Ipadupgradesettings.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 7:22 PM   in reply to berkheiser

If you see that an image might be stuck..tap on color dot in the middle at the top and see if you have an image that might be stuck. Then you can delete that image and try to upload it again. You don't need an image stuck which will interrupt your other uploads too. I understand with that many photos it would be hard to keep track of which ones are missing or did not upload. You might try smaller batches to upload and see if that works for you to help keep track.

Scott

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points