Skip navigation
donfb
Currently Being Moderated

suddenly unable to save files edited in camera raw

May 8, 2013 12:50 PM

Tags: #raw #bridge #cs6 #bridge_cs6

Mac Pro, 2 TB drive, 8 GB RAM, lots of empty HD space.  Nikon D4 RAW files

After using camera RAW to process thousands of photos and saving in jpg with this equipment, suddenly I get a message in a window, "the file could not be saved".  I haven't changed any settings.  I can work around by opening in PS and saving. Emptied cache and didn't resolve issue.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Don

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 1:13 PM   in reply to donfb

Probably need more info.  THe file that could not be saved - a raw that you want to save in jpg?  If you tried again did it work?  Perhaps file used by another app?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 2:37 PM   in reply to donfb

Also, I no longer get anything in "File Naming" after "Example:". I'm wondering if Camera RAW has beome corrupted,

Not sure if I can follow your workflow because you also have files in iPhoto and Image Capture which settings both are not compatible with each other as with Camera Raw.

But you have two options to use ACR, either in PS or in Bridge. Select a problem file and with right mouse click menu choose Open in Camera Raw, this opens the file in ACR using Bridge, the normal open command opens ACR in PS.

This to see if it happens in both applications. If not reset prefs for the problem application, if both then maybe manual reinstall ACR plug in.

But in all cases, can you provide more details about OS version and exact PS, Bridge and ACR version (the latter in PS, menu Photoshop, about plug in / camera raw)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points