Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to create a postscript file in InDesign for a certain page size without a printer?

May 8, 2013 3:49 PM

I need to set up a postscript file for my book to take it to print but I can set up the print settings for 11 by 17 in. paper. Is there a way to get around this?

I am using a mac with cs6.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2013 12:54 PM   in reply to enelson113

Is your print service provider requiring a PostScript file? Normally, they would require PDF with any reasonably modern workflow.

The print to PostScript Printer and Device Independent option is very limited. If there is a particular device your print service provider is using and requires PostScript for, they should be providing a particular PPD for you and thus, allow you to customize the PostScript for that device.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 10:39 AM   in reply to enelson113

Why aren't you exporting direct to PDF? Why do they want spreads? Did the printer request spreads because that would be VERY unusual.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to enelson113

Export PDF using the spreads option, assuming of course you created the document with spreads as opposed to individual pages. By default, if for example you have two page spreads of 8.5"x11" pages, exporting spreads to PDF will yield 11"x17" pages in PDF. You can increase the page size beyond that by including a bleed and/or slug area either in the document setup and/or in the export dialog.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points