Skip navigation
Sarabear33
Currently Being Moderated

What the heck!!?? Rectangular Marquee tool problem!

May 10, 2013 12:26 PM

Tags: #tools #marquee

Recently i started to use my Rectangluar Marquee tool more for vignettes on photos.. I just noticed in the last two days that when i hit the RM tool and try and drag a rectangular box and hit the green check mark around my photo it defaults into a eclipse or what i thought was a circle. Yes i am sure i have it set on the correct marquee. It's just kinda annoying as i am tryiny to creat a box around my photo to vignette and defaults into a eclipse ( or cirlce).

I don't have screen shot right now, i will try and get one later...but what has happened? Is something changed? Or do  i need to reset my tools?

also last night when i was digital scrapbooking, i made a pattern i filled my 4x6 at 200dpi photo background with the pattern i had made, when i went to merge visable all the latyers together the background with the pattern in it disappeared. When i unmerged visable  the background came back..?? any ideas why this happend??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 3:33 PM   in reply to Sarabear33

For the rectangular marquee tool check the feather value in the tool options bar.

It should be set to 0 px.

Clipboard.png

For the second question if you view your image at a 100% view (actual pixels) before and while merging the layers, does that make a difference?

(double click on the Zoom Tool in the tool box to see the view at 100%  (actual pixels)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points