Skip navigation
jeanscottca
Currently Being Moderated

Poor import quality from iphone 4gs

May 8, 2013 2:11 PM

Tags: #problem #help #video #import #premiere_elements #premiere_elements_10

I am getting terrible import quality in Premier Elements when I am working with video, ESPECIALLY my iphone 4gs.  The video from my iphone looks great in Photoshop Elements and in other media players on the computer as well as on my phone.  It's just when I try to edit it in Premier that it looks terrible.  ANY suggestions would help.  I have started new projects from importing directly from my iphone as well as bringing the video in from Photoshop Elements.  -  Version 10 - very new to premier elements. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 2:28 PM   in reply to jeanscottca

I'll ask the obvious, even after rendering?   I have used video from an iPhone as well,  and it looks great.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 2:47 PM   in reply to jeanscottca

>very new to premier elements

Importing Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1065281

-and project settings http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1112086

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 5:48 PM   in reply to jeanscottca

jeanscottca

The answers are in the details. So, if you will supply so details, I will suggest a detailed plan of action to gain you the successful video export that you seek.

Please confirm and add to.

1. You are working with Premiere Elements 10. Is that on Windows or Mac and 32 or 64 bit?

2. What does your "iPhone gs" shoot? Maybe 720p30 (1280 x 720 @ 30 progressive frames per second)? I need to know video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, file extension, duration for starters. The project preset for Premiere Elements needs to be set to match the properties of your source media. What project preset did you set in the new project dialog for your new project? Or, did you just OK through that so that you are working with the default project preset for Premiere Elements 10, namely, NTSC DV Standard?

3. You mentioned that

I have managed to DO most of that but the quality of the finished product is not at all as good as it is on the original recording device.

What presets have you tried and what settings did you go for?

4. In what way is the quality of what you have done in the way of exports unacceptable...jitter, blur, not clear, etc, other than it lacks the quality of the original?

I will be watching for your details if interested.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points