Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Missing Library content.

May 8, 2013 5:01 PM

Tags: #missing #content #library #buttons

I just installed CS 6. 

Surprise... no Encore Library Files.  Got Adobe Help notes that said I needed to install the "Resource central libraty content"... which I did, and I now have "Menue Templates" and that's all. 

Where are the Libraries for "Buttons, images, backgrounds, shapes", etc?

Thanks... Marv.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 6:14 PM   in reply to Marvin Nauman

Now go here (may be the same page you already used):

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html

But go to "Additional solution: Install the Resource Central library content" toward the bottom of the page. Follow the directions.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 7:35 PM   in reply to Marvin Nauman

Life shouldn't be so hard.

You got that right! Adobe made a real mess of this, and we don't know if this is a new model for content delivery or not!

Let us know if this did the trick.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 8:14 PM   in reply to Marvin Nauman

If it is the new way. this is the last product of theirs I'll buy.

There are others who feel the same way. In Adobe's defense, many users want downloads. So even if Adobe continued to provide disk-based software, they need options that reduces download size. The template-only installed files (only part of the basic functional content install) are about half a gig. The full library (including that same content) is just under 3.7 gig. Many users don't use Encore. Adobe saves a lot of download time by making this a separate install.

That is, of course, no excuse for the poor way it was delivered - meaning in the beginning not at all. And installation of the functional content portion removed the library from the CS5.5 install. Stll makes me wonder what the heck they're up to.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 7:24 PM   in reply to Marvin Nauman

why don't they have the download in plain English instead of calling it "Resource Central Library Content"... i.e. Library Menues, Library Buttons, etc ?

I hear that! Resource Central was (I think; never really dealt with it till it came to this issue) a more centralized repository/resource for functional content (even that word, a years old Adobe term is not exactly "plain English"!). And the term used is just "Resrouce Central" plus "Library content." See how simple?

The problem is that they seemed ot have in the beginning that users would not miss the buttons etc. Boy did we! They could have easily pointed users to the right files/instructions.

2.  {Many users don't use Encore. Adobe saves a lot of download time by making this a separate install.} So... are they using another program?... or are they totally not making any DVD's?

Most are, guesses on my part, not making DVDs with Adobe products (and the only one is Encore). Some are hi gh end pros usoing scenarist or other expensive top line programs; some are  using other products similar to Encore; and some are hobbyists using more simple template only apps (e.g. windows movie maker; imovie, etc).

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 7:32 PM   in reply to Marvin Nauman

Yes, putting such temp folders/files on the desktop can be unnerving. And I'm cautious about telling someone what they can and can't delete!

But I think you are right that these are the setup files, and can be deleted. Since some of thenm are large and migt be needed for reinstallations, I usually save them to a different directory to begin with, or move them when the installation is complete.

This second step that provides the buttons etc in the library does not have an installre. You just extract the files and put them, or move them, to the correct location. If you are getting something that looks like an installer, ask us about the file name here.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 7:49 PM   in reply to Marvin Nauman

>find another DVD maker

I have NOT used this... http://www.deskshare.com/dvd-authoring-burning-software.aspx

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points