Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Protest the CC decision at MAX

May 8, 2013 4:24 PM

I'm not normally an activist, but this has outraged me, and as Aaron Tippin would say "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

http://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-t he-mandatory-creative-cloud-subscription-model

I still have the slightest glimmer of hope that someone in upper management at Adobe will realize this is a huge mistake and change it.

They can still have the cloud, I just want the choice to buy the software.

So I challenge those of you at MAX to go buy a poster board and a sharpie and TELL ADOBE HOW YOU FEEL. Carry them proudly in the lobby as MAX winds down! Don't be an ant in the Adobe colony, be a leader. Be an innovator. Stand up for what is right, and call them on this decision, because it's wrong.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2013 4:37 PM   in reply to ccoggin

Invite Alex Jones. He'll bring his bullhorn.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 1:24 AM   in reply to ccoggin

I still have the slightest glimmer of hope that someone in upper management at Adobe will realize this is a huge mistake and change it.

You’re a bit of an optimist, aren’t you?

They can still have the cloud, I just want the choice to buy the software.

I think technically it’s actually a license to use the software one buys, but I agree with the sentiment.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 5:36 AM   in reply to ccoggin

> I still have the slightest glimmer of hope that someone in upper  management at Adobe will realize this is a huge mistake and change it.

It would seem that the only hope is if enough people choose not to buy into their 'new business model'. Although it may be usefull (at least for now) for some, it has many potential negative exposures for their customers that not everyone is going to be happy with.

They clearly don't really care about their users per say. (If they did, why would they have happily and unilaterally forced this on all of their customers in the first place when it's not good for many of them?)

I don't remember there being a ground-swell of customers complaining that they had 'too much choice' before...

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to Greg Bohn

What if not one additional person bought into the new model?

There are already half a million subscribers.  By some measures it could already be called successful.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 8:38 AM   in reply to Greg Bohn

I have read from a non-adobe source that this proposal was presented by a business group to Adobe about 12 years ago.  At that time they said it was too early for it to be accepted.  So this is not a flash in the pan decision.  Now others are adopting a similar approach so Adobe must have decided to jump on board. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points