• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed captions not publishing in Captivate 6

New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When publishing as HTML 5 in Captivate 6, closed captions do not show. The CC background appears for some slides but there is no text. The CC background  is not visible for all slides.

In the project, under the audio editor, closed captions appear as normal under the Closed captions tab. Under the Captions and slide notes button, the text appears under slide notes rather than captions. I can't see any setting under CC project settings that refers to publishing or under Publish settings that refers to CC so have ruled that out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it appears that the issue is with browsers. Closed captions do show in IE 10 - don't know about earlier versions, but not in Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m. Firefox just isn't compatible with the HTML5 published file and won't play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unsure as to the actual answer, however, the "skin" that include the Closed Captions is actually an swf. The point of publishing to HTML is because some devices (ie I-pad) cant play the swf. So the HTML version skips the swf- which of course includes the "skin".

That said, I think the Table of Contents works in HTML, so maybe I am incorrect in sayin the "skin" is an swf. Maybe only the "playbar" is an swf. But it seems the CC is still related to the playbar.

If anyone knows how to use the built-in Closed Caption feature with HTML, I would LOVE to hear it. But I am suspecting the CCs will have to be done by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing this problem as well!  Any updates?  Adobe doesn't seem to explicitly state that their CC doesn't work in HTML5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources