Skip navigation
Skurias
Currently Being Moderated

Match Frame in Multicam

May 9, 2013 4:44 AM

Tags: #frame #match #multicam

Hello,

i am a proffessional video editor. I use Avid Media Composer for about 12 years.

Two weeks ago i began to try Premiere Pro CS6 and i have a question about the multicam feature.

I can say that you `ve done good work!

Although i need your help.

I needed to use match frame on the sequence so i could find the sourse footage and didnt work...

It always gave me the multicam source frame, but i wanted the original source frame.

Is there any such feature?

Thanks in advance!

Stavros

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2013 7:01 AM   in reply to Skurias

Interesting... I thought I had a work-around but I just tested it and it doesn't work!  Hopefully someone else can expand on this.

I know that the "match frame" will always show the multicam source (not the original clip source) because a multicam sequence is looked at as a nest.  What I **thought** (and was wrong) was that by opening the multicam nest in the timeline and performing a "match frame" on that, the original source frame would be found.  But it wasn't.  In fact, it didn't do anything.  Now I'm thinking it was "confused" because thre were (in my test) three video tracks open and enabled.  But even if I disabled everything but one track, the "match frame" still didn't work.

One thing that will work (though it's more trouble than it's worth), is to use match frame to locate the timecode in the multiclip and then type that into timecode indicator of the multiclip nest in the Timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 8:20 AM   in reply to Skurias

A Match Frame on the nested, edited sequence will bring up the original multicam sequence with the clips.  From there you can target the track you need and do another Match Frame to bring that clip into the Source Monitor.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 8:38 AM   in reply to Skurias

OK, you've created the multicm clip the new way, which does create weird issues like this.

Right click that multicam sequence in the bin (the one with the edges lined up) and select Open in Timeline.  You won't be able to perform a Match Frame when you create a multicam this way, but it will get you to the clips used.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to Skurias

Create a new sequence, and add the clips to that.  Sync them up.  Nest that into a second sequence.  Right click that nested clip and select Enable Multicam.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to Skurias

Post a screen shot of the multicam window.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2013 9:34 AM   in reply to Skurias

That is weird.  Close the MC window and call it up again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to Skurias

I'm chiming in late to this discussion to add my voice in request for a streamlined/simplified way of doing this.   To be clear, I agree with Skurias - the underlying multicam functionality of Premiere is really well done.   But there are bugs/inneficiencies that could certainly be improved upon.  I've run into the same problem that Skurias mentioned here, but another big issue is that sequences that use multicam clips as their sources don't import into AE -- either as "Import Adobe Premiere Sequence" or exporting from Pr via Dynamic Lync.  That's what led me to this discussion to begin with as I am now having to painstakingly go back and replace all multiclam clips with their respecitve source clips -- which sort of defeats the efficiences of multicam to begin with.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 10:43 AM   in reply to imacattack

Um...er...maybe I have two separate issues.  After replacing all source clips with original content, still cant import a sequence into AE (or export from PR via Dynamic Link).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points