Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Master Collection trial download not available?

May 9, 2013 12:36 PM

I have CS6 Master Collection that is currently installed on my iMac and I need to install it on my new laptop. My serial number is valid and registered with Adobe, but because this was a downloadable version only (no disc), the way it was installed was by downloading the trial version of CS6 Master and then inputting my serial number when installing on my system. It would seem as if Adobe has discontinued the CS6 Master Collection trial download.... and if so, how do I install the programs on my new laptop without a disc and without a trial download? Is there a way to get the download or a disc from Adobe?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2013 2:14 PM   in reply to Amy34400

Hi Amy34400

Please download mastercollection from below link : http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Follow the instructions to start your download

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 2:31 AM   in reply to Mandeep5062

I have the same problem and the site you provided does not work for me anymore. Im just getting "access denied" or Im hyperlinked to Adobe CC page.

The Master Collection CS6 - FAQ, says they dont provide trial version of it anymore. Where can I downloade it? I have a valid key from adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 2:48 AM   in reply to Adobzoti

You will get 'Access denied' error if you dont follow the steps outlined on the page above.

Please follow the steps below carefully step by step to download Master Collection CS6 :

1. Navigate to the Adobe Conribute 6.5 downloads page : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=contribute&loc=en _us

2. Sign in with you Adobe ID.

3. Copy and paste th following link on the address bar one at a time and hit enter :

Adobe Master Collection CS6 English Mac :  http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STAM/CS6/osx10/MasterCollection _CS6_LS16.dmg

4. Save the file.

5. Run the dmg file to start the installation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 3:55 PM   in reply to Rave

Can you help find CS6 Master Suite for Windows? I'm trying to get it for a machine I'm reinstalling everything on - for my BOSS!

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2013 1:30 AM   in reply to Xitan

Please refer to the link provided by Mandeep in Meesage #1 or follow the steps menioned above to download Master Collection CS6

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to Amy34400

If you have a slow Internet connection, or problems like lost connection, timing out, etc., while downloading an Adobe CS6 trial from the prodesigntools link noted elsewhere in this thread, consider calling Adobe customer support at

800-833-6687 to purchase a DVD of the software for a trial.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Amy34400 wrote:

I have CS6 Master Collection that is currently installed on my iMac and I need to install it on my new laptop. My serial number is valid and registered with Adobe, but because this was a downloadable version only (no disc), the way it was installed was by downloading the trial version of CS6 Master and then inputting my serial number when installing on my system. It would seem as if Adobe has discontinued the CS6 Master Collection trial download.... and if so, how do I install the programs on my new laptop without a disc and without a trial download? Is there a way to get the download or a disc from Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to Rave

I tried everything I could think of to follow the directions, but maybe you can help.

What is the download link for the CS6 Master Collection for Windows?

I purchased the collection and it worked great on my last laptop. I just got a spiffy new laptop yesterday and I need to download the windows vs. on it so that my serial will work.

thanks in advance.

*it wasn't as easy as changing osx10 to win32 in the url, which is what I was hoping...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2013 11:00 AM   in reply to shawnga007

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 10:22 PM   in reply to Rave

Hi Rave.

Maybe, u have the same Link for the Collection for Mac in German?

U would be my hero, if u can help me.

Regards,

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to Bob Bob 123

The link for Adobe Master Collection CS6 German Mac is : http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STAM/CS6/osx10/MasterCollection _CS6_LS4.dmg

But make sure you follow the instructions mentioned in message # 3 above for the link to work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 4:29 AM   in reply to Rave

1) Is that for the 64bit version or only the 32bit version? (Is there a difference?)

2) Doesn't seem to work as it is posted anyways when I tried it.

3) When I go to "http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html" and attempt to D/L Master Collection CS6/Win Disc 1 by clicking the link, the D/L is blocked by my work as it tries to go to "www.apmebf.com" (As are all the other D/L links from that website).

We started the buying process to buy a license last year to get MC_CS6. We did not buy the Discs as the D/L was all that was needed at that time and all we needed was the license. Now, we cannot even get to that, and we finally were approved for the D/L and installation on the system (that's not hooked up to the internet, we have to D/L from another system).

Ummm... help?

--kC

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2013 11:30 AM   in reply to imprez99

I got the link to work. When you paste it, it will begin downloading immediately, there is no button to click. You have to go to the page in Message #3 (the contribute page) and sign in. Then paste this in your browser's address bar (don't hit enter):

http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STAM/CS6/osx10/MasterCollection

Then, immediately following that, paste this:

_CS6_LS16.dmg

So you should have one long link that looks like this:

http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STAM/CS6/osx10/MasterCollection _CS6_LS16.dmg

Now hit enter and it will begin downloading the .dmg file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 5:17 AM   in reply to misterhisterman

Thank you for showing us that the Mac version can still be downloaded. However, as I originally stated, I am attempting to download the Windows version using the provided links (both with and without the space in the URL) ....

----------------------

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STAM/CS6/win32/MasterCollection %20_CS6_LS16.7z" on this server.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STAM/CS6/win32/MasterCollection _CS6_LS16.7z" on this server.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STAM/CS6/win64/MasterCollection %20_CS6_LS16.7z" on this server.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STAM/CS6/win64/MasterCollection _CS6_LS16.7z" on this server.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 2:32 AM   in reply to imprez99

Hi imprez,

Just go back to Reply #1 by Mandeep at the top of this thread, and make sure to follow the Very Important Instructions given on the page he linked, and you should have no problem...

You can download any or all of the Adobe CS6 products there, the free trials in any language.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 7:42 PM   in reply to Rave

I was able to download the .dmg file, but when I run the installation I keep getting a failure message. It says:

"Installation Failed. Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file.

More troubleshooting tips:

1. Restart your computer.

2. Exit all applications including startup items, virus checking and firewall software.

3. Launch the installer and reinstall your applications."

I have tried all 3 and don't know how to make it work. Any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 10:19 AM   in reply to jengirl_07

Hello jengirl_07,

I'm also having the same problem. I keep getting a failure message like the one you're getting. Have you found a solution yet?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2013 8:36 AM   in reply to Rave

When I go to the link with the dowload, I only get this message: "File not found*". Is the trial removed?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to Olehof

No, the trials are definitely not removed –

You really have to make sure you carefully follow the "Very Important Instructions" given near the top of the Creative Suite 6 direct link page...

Following all steps is absolutely essential, otherwise you will get that sort of message and the downloads will not work for you.

But they absolutely do work if you follow the directions given there, required by Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Sep 3, 2013 3:19 PM   in reply to Amy34400

CS6 Trial Downloads (Includes Master Collection)

Perpetual License version - no subscription necessary
    Official Adobe site / not a third party (like ProDesignTools.com)

NO "Very Important Instructions" fo follow

Creative Suite Help / Download CS6 products

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-download s.html

Ignore the erroneous message stating:

"If you purchased a CS6 product..."

"You'll need your CS6 serial number to complete the installation."

This is a trial.  No previous purchase is required, and no

existing serial number is required to complete installation.

No Adobe ID or login is required for download.

Read here from Adobe Employee Todd Kopriva:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5437370#5437370

(Fully functional 30 day trial, after installation run: Help > Updates...)

CS6 - Buy the Perpetual License version (Not Creative Cloud rental)

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_cata log_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html?promoid=KFPMZ

To buy an upgrade instead the of full version, click the buy button

then select 'I want to buy: 'Upgrade' instead of 'Full'.

CS5 and CS5.5 Products are eligible for upgrade to CS6.

Pertinent factoids:

Adobe Creative Suite 6 FAQ

http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6/faq.html

Under: "Trial information"

"Does Adobe have trial versions of Creative Suite 6?"

"We no longer offer trials of the CS6 versions of the applications."

You can ignore the above erroneous statement.

Read here from Adobe Employee Todd Kopriva:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5453949#5453949

Under: "Upgrade eligibility, pricing, and purchasing options"

"Adobe will continue to make Creative Suite 6 available as a perpetual

software license, and will provide bug fixes and security updates

as necessary. All of the CS6 suite editions and individual products

continue to be available for purchase by Electronic Software Delivery

(ESD) on Adobe.com as well as through select retailers.

Volume licensing for these products is also available

through Adobe Authorized Resellers worldwide."

"We plan to sell Creative Suite 6 for use

on supported platforms indefinitely."

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 11:30 AM   in reply to Rave

This din't work for me either, I followed the steps exactly as described. To be honest I don't think Adobe really want anyone to download CS6 anymore, even if we have an allready existing CS6 licens based on a downloaded file. I actually believe there was an international ownership law that forced them to make it available anyhow, but seems like they are trying their best to make it really hard to solve. I payed good money for my CS6 Master Collection, now I'm not sure if I wanna keep on being an abused "customer" anymore. It's all about CC now and everyone that doesn't obey will suffer.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 11:48 AM   in reply to perrybrus

Sorry, there is no conspiracy – it's always been a bit tricky with Adobe's direct downloads for many releases, nothing has changed there (and we should know)...

CS6 (per post #18 above) is no different.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 1:48 PM   in reply to ProDesignTools

Adobe calls it strategy. Not conspiracy. Making it extra difficult to continue using earlier versions is a strategy indeed. It's for financial reasons of course. Corporate decisions often are, but they are loosing goodwill by the minute and I think we'll see some Adobe competition within the next few years, it's a perfect window for that to start developing now.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 1:58 PM   in reply to perrybrus

CS6 is still available for download and sale if you want it, direct from Adobe...  Our CS6 direct download page has not changed in structure, content, or d/l instructions since its original release in spring 2012.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 2:10 PM   in reply to ProDesignTools

Could not download CS6 Master Collection from that link. I think I'll call Adobe sales support in my country tomorrow and get this straighten out. It's symptomatic that I always have to struggle with Adobe license issues, I remember when I first bought the CS6 MC I had to call abroad to get the license to work cause Adobe had messed up the key database. There's always something, I'm obviously not alone struggeling with these matters. Some of the Adobe applications are great when they work but the sales structure and marketing strategies are... not so.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 2:12 PM   in reply to perrybrus

Just retested all those CS6 links and they work fine, the same as they always have.

Sorry you're having difficulties...  You say you always have to struggle with all things Adobe, but this should be no problem because in fact nothing has changed.  You might have better luck trying a different browser or computer.  If you have further issues, feel free to post a comment there with details on the exact problem you're encountering.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 2:19 PM   in reply to ProDesignTools

As I wrote to you, and as so many others have written: It's acsess denied on those links. If your living in a world that's real you shouldn't be posting links that doesnt work on other clients than your own. By the way, are you an Adobe official? That link is not an official TLD from Adobe. You need to get your site checked cause you are not bringing any answers to the table by launching dead urls.

Browsers have nothing to do with this. Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera. All last versions. Please, stop publishing more time wasters. I'm leaving this thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 7:08 PM   in reply to perrybrus

Sorry Perry, almost everything you wrote is plain wrong or misinformed...  But we won't bother trying to help any longer, because oddly it sounds like you're happier that way!  Good luck to you.

|
    Mark as:
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Feb 6, 2014 7:10 AM   in reply to perrybrus

Hey, perrybrus!

You should take a look at the links in post #19:

Creative Suite Help / Download CS6 products

No "Access Denied", no funky "Very Important Instructions" fo follow.

Official Adobe download location, not a third party (ProDesignTools.com).

Click the link and download... avoid frustration.

The CS6 trials are easy to find if you know where to look!

ALSO:

CS6 Trial Downloads (Not Creative Cloud Subscription)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2014 5:27 AM   in reply to shawnga007

The links they have posted didn't work for me. Granted, i was able to download the file. But, I had no program to open the .dmg. So, I found this website and hopefully it would work.

Once there, just find 'CS6 Master Collection,' Click on it, and download the fine MAC or Windows, in your desired language.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points