Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why won't indesign stay open in mac os 10.8.3?

May 9, 2013 8:48 PM

i just upgraded to os 10.8.3.  i'm still using cs3.  photoshop works fine but i just tried to print something in indesign for the first time and it crashes every time i do command p to print.  what can i do to make it work?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2013 5:06 AM   in reply to sasabombasa

An inplace upgrade? If so that's a crapshoot with Adobe apps. And I don't think CS3 is supported on 10.8.3, so you've got a double dose of possible issues.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 5:07 AM   in reply to sasabombasa

But, for the sake of trying to see what's going on, if you have a crash report, post it on pastebin.com and put a link here. Maybe we'll get lucky and see a problem we can solve.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 1:37 PM   in reply to sasabombasa

That's not an upgrade, it's a new system. Did you try to migrate the applications, or do a clean install from the original installers?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 1:54 PM   in reply to sasabombasa

I think the problem is graphics related, but it's apple code that is actually crashing.  The error message appears to indicate that the default US English dictionary is missing.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2013 4:18 AM   in reply to sasabombasa

The missing dictionary is ID's, and before uninstalling I would try running a "repair" from the installer disk. Keep in mind, though, that even uninstalling and reinstalling may not work for CS3 on OS X 10.8.3. Your only good options might turn out to be an OS downgrade or an ID upgrade. CS3 is not eligible for upgrade pricing to CS6, but I believe it will be eligible for the first-year discount to the new Adobe CC subscription service.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points