Skip navigation
Mini Mathur
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot view the application page: Debug perspective launch error

May 9, 2013 11:40 PM

Tags: #error #as3 #flex #actionscript #actionscript_3.0 #flex4.6

Hello everyone

Everytime I create an application in Flex, for 5-6 times the application runs/debugs normally and the application page opens up without any issues. But then this bug error message pops up :This kind of launch is configured to open the debug perspective when it suspends. Do you want to open this perspective now? " and a HTTPservice.as file opens up which simply does not let me view my application page.

I am mentioning this as an error message because whether I click yes or no or do nothing, the debug perspective opens up automatically, and the application NEVER launches in the web browser thereafter.

I am pretty new to flex applications and this issue has been troubling me ever since I started working on a flex application. Everytime I have to create a  new file to view my application. I would like to first create the entire application and then start the debugging process.

Please help me with this issue as this is the only place where I can expect a workable solution.

Expecting a quick response. Thanks.

Mini

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 6:46 PM   in reply to Mini Mathur

if you can share the code (actionscript) you're running its probably something I can help you identify... I get similar issues and that .as file opens when I have some code thats trying to do something incorrectly or in a way that flashbuilder finds an issue with... I've found that by debugging line by line and building in tests / trace statements to the console, I can track down issues that cause them and slowly but surely get rid of bugs like this.

good luck to you

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points