Skip navigation
The Game3nder
Currently Being Moderated

Can't figure out error: "Embeding of system fonts not supported."

May 10, 2013 4:02 PM

Tags: #4.7 #embed_system_font

Hello,

I am relatively new to AS3 and Flash Builder and am trying to embed a system font in a class in an AS project (not Flex, I still have next to no idea what the difference is). My code is as follows:

[Embed(systemFont="Courier New", fontWeight="regular", advancedAntiAliasing="true", mimeType="application/x-font", embedAsCFF="false")]
                       private var EmbeddedFontClass:Class;

For some reason I am getting the (misspelled) error message stated in the title: "Embeding of system fonts not supported". Googling this error exactly yields literally zero results, and exhaustive searching for related problems has only turned up advice to set embedAsCFF to false, which I did for good measure. Note: same error even if I set it to true.

If I try to work around this by using an absolute path with source instead of systemFont, like this:

[Embed(source="C:\\Windows\\Fonts\\cour.ttf", fontWeight="regular", advancedAntiAliasing="true", mimeType="application/x-font", embedAsCFF="false")]
                       private var EmbeddedFontClass:Class;

I get an error stating that the program "could not find Embed source".

Any and all help here is appreciated. I assume the solution is relatively simple, since Google suggests that nobody else has had this problem and needed help solving it. Nonetheless, I'm at a total loss here...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points