Skip navigation
willcrocker
Currently Being Moderated

Edited photo doesn't look like CR2 when imported back to LR 4.4

May 11, 2013 9:46 AM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #lightroom4

When I edit photographs in CS6 as initiated from LR 4.4 they look unaccountably different from the original CR2 file when imported back to LR.  At first I thought it was a profile mismatch but that isn't the problem.  Any thoughts on how to fix it? 

Thanks,

Will

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2013 11:11 AM   in reply to willcrocker

Can we see a side-by-side screen-shot of what you’re talking about?

Is your monitor calibrated and profiled with a hardware calibrator?  If so are you using V2 or V4 ICC profiles?  Do you have a wide-gamut monitor?

What is your RGB work-space profile in PS?  What profile are you saving things with in PS?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2013 2:53 PM   in reply to willcrocker

LR has had issues with V4 profiles, and the V4 profiles don’t include all the benefits of V4 profiles, anyway, so it’s better to use V2 profiles. 

There is a setting in my i1 software, and probably yours, perhaps in Advanced mode, that allows you to specify the version of the created profile.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2013 3:50 PM   in reply to willcrocker

LR 4.4 uses a large internal colorspace which is ProPhotoRGB with an sRGB gamma curve, so you might want to set your PS RGB workspace to ProPhotoRGB and see if that makes any difference. 

What is the nature of the difference you’re seeing between the LR version and the PS-CS6-reimported version?  Can we see a screenshot?

Did things used to work ok and this just started happening or have you just started using LR and/or CS6?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points