Skip navigation
watchet7
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Bridge CS6 will not open

May 11, 2013 11:19 AM

Just started trial of Adobe Photoshop CC  ( CS6 and Bridge CS 6)

Photoshop  downloaded ok but Bridge CS6 will not open after installation.

I have used Adobe Bridge with CS2 before but since removing CS2 and installing CS6 and Adobe Bridge 6 64Bit Adobe Bridge will not open.

Help

watchet7

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to watchet7

Moving this discussion to the Bridge General Discussion forum.  Also I believe the OP has installed Photoshop CS6, which includes Bridge, as opposed to Photoshop CC which will be available in June.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 7:10 AM   in reply to watchet7

CS2 seems to conflict with CS6.  One user found this to work.  AppData is a hidden folder in case you try this.

I finally got it to launch via instructions from another web page. In my case, I am running Win 7 Professional 64-bit and previously loaded Photoshop and Bridge versions CS2 (along with Illustrator and InDesign CS2), which might have been part of the problem. The solution for me was to create an empty "Bridge CS2" folder in the C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\. Worked like a charm.

You might have to use the Adobe Script Cleaner to get rid of traces of the CR2 files.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I am running Windows 7(64 bit) and suddenly Bridge stopped working.Reinstalltion didnot work.Hoping that it will work smoothly I upgraded to Windows 8. But still not working .My system is having only cs6 prod Prem(not earlier versions). I followed curt Y also, but of no use.Any help is welcome

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 7:07 AM   in reply to BOSU BABU

It might be worth giving your computer a scrub after you deactivate and uninstall. CS leaves lots of rubbish behind.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 7:11 AM   in reply to BOSU BABU

It it suddenly stopped working then reset the preferences.  A reinstall will not affect this file.  Hold down Ctrl and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window with 3 options.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 7:26 PM   in reply to Curt Y

It suddenly stopped working. Followed your guidance and it worked .Thank you

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points