Skip navigation
suvske
Currently Being Moderated

Flash not playing on browser!

May 13, 2013 4:16 AM

Tags: #flash #internet #html5

I have made this website:

www.oksalonkihoitohuone.fi

Most of it works fine, but for some reason the flash player does not play the movie! And I don't know why. It is on the front page and is set on automatic play so I guess it should start automatically, but it is just white. I have set an image of some trees behind it so that if someone does not have the flash player it should just displa the image, so the problem is not that. The first scene of the movie is white so I am thinking it might just be stuck on the first scene and simply not play.

All the script files should be downloaded on the server so I don't see the problem. On dreamweaver the flash plays fine.

Any ideas what is wrong??

(P.S. ignore the text on the page, I will fix it)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2013 6:30 AM   in reply to suvske

Firstly, don't do that!

Any video that is set to autoplay will alert anyone and everyone nearby that someone is not working if they are at work. If you set a video to be available and not autoplay, then people will click on it when they want to.

Secondly, it looks like you've done most of the page in AP divs. Don't do that, either. You need to set up a web page that flows normally.

As to the Flash, I have to wonder if this isn't one of three things:

1. You didn't upload all of the Flash elements that are necessary (and uploading the entire website should take care of that.
    2. Your server does not recognize the .SWF MIME type, in which case you need to edit your .htaccess file (Apache) or allow Flash on your IIS server.
    3. Browsers are no longer trusting Flash on websites and must be told in advance that they may play it. You can check for this by trying to play the flash file locally by previewing the page in the same browser you are using to check it on the server.

-Mark

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 12:32 AM   in reply to suvske

Hello,

--------- del: my answer was not needed ---------

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to suvske

Well, there's your video. And it starts playing as soon as the web page loads.

So, someone clicks on a link to your website and your video starts playing. In a work enviromnent, the sound from that video immediately starts. Alerting everyone to the fact that they're watching a video, not working.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points