Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Stopping Premiere from conforming audio

May 13, 2013 4:50 PM

I finished a project that included 30-40 full length movies and Premiere had to "conform" all the audio and created an addition 100 gig of hard drive space for this.  I went into the temporary files and deleted all of the audio files but now I want to go back and work on the project and when I open it, Premiere is trying to conform all the audio again.  Is there a way to stop it from doing this??  Also if I can stop it, is there a way I can manually tell it to conform single files of my choosing.  I only used audio from two of the actual films, the rest of the footage plays over a different audio track and I don't need any of the original audio.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2013 5:03 PM   in reply to owiseone61755

As far as I know, PPro won't work properly if the audio conforming is not allowed to complete

Audio Conforming http://forums.adobe.com/thread/726693

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 6:27 PM   in reply to owiseone61755

If you can use a 3rd party program to Conform your Audio to 48KHz 32-bit floating point, in the PrPro CFA format, that might work.

Otherwise, PrPro will Conform your Audio, creating the PEK (Waveform Display) and CFA (Conformed Audio) files.

If the HDD space is an issue, then I strongly recommend getting more HDD space for the Media Cache files.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 3:34 AM   in reply to owiseone61755

You can turn off Automatic Peakfile Generation in the Preferences.

Might reduce some of the filesize.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

That's only the waveform display, though, whose files are quiet small compared to the .cfa files PP requires for editing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points