Skip navigation
Darin Fabrick
Currently Being Moderated

Video Feature not working on Desktop Content Viewer

May 13, 2013 3:34 PM

Tags: #app #video #ipad #magazine

Hello,

My client has just informed me that their current dps issue (built in v25) is not playing videos on the desktop content viewer (works fine on iPad). This wasn't a problem with our last issue. Curiously, autoplay videos work fine. It's just the manual play feature on videos that doesn't seem to be functioning. Is this a known problem? Thanks,

Darin

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to Darin Fabrick

When you say Desktop Content Viewer you mean the preview tool that comes with InDesign? Or do you mean the web viewer that works with Social Sharing?

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to Darin Fabrick

Can you be more specific as to what is failing? Video won't load? Overlay is positioned in the wrong location? Other? And... what is the filename extension for your video? (just curious).

Thanks,

-mitch

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,651 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2013 11:55 AM   in reply to Darin Fabrick

Is the video a .mov file or a .mp4 file? If it's a .mov file, that's the problem. Is your client's version of Firefox up-to-date?

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:50 PM   in reply to Darin Fabrick

It looks like the top of the video is not aligned with the top of the second page. This is causing a rendering issue. We will file a bug on this issue so it can be addressed. To work around the problem in the meantime, make sure that the top of the video overlay in the source video starts vertically at pixel 769 or more. It's a workaround, but at least it should fix the problem for now. I have a couple follow-on questions if you want to email me at mcgreen_at_adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2014 8:48 AM   in reply to Mitch Green

I have two videos that won't play on the content viewer, Android or web viewer. They work on the ipad though. Videos are all mp4 within page. App has total of 9 videos only two won't play.

Attached is url:

http://contentviewer.adobe.com/s/Farm%20Forum/eb8758e79b2c434c848bd539 716a35d7/FF%20Spring%202014/Stratton.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points