Skip navigation
brutewolf
Currently Being Moderated

Collection Folders cannot be found or deleted

May 13, 2013 11:23 PM

I just had a major hard drive failure. My backup seems to be working fine, except for all my collections in Bridge.

My Smart Collections cannot be accessed or even deleted. When I click on one it gives me the message: "The collection target folder "[name]" cannot be found. It may have been renamed or deleted."

I could easily re-create them to match this new drive, but I can't even click on the collection. How can I edit (or even delete) these collection folers that are appearing on the interface? Even if I re-create the collections, the old useless folders still remain.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 5:27 AM   in reply to brutewolf

How can I edit (or even delete) these collection folers that are appearing on the interface? Even if I re-create the collections, the old useless folders still remain.

If you put your cursor above the collection name without selecting it can you use right mouse click and from menu choose delete?

On a Mac the path for the collection is to be found in the user library (hidden by default per OSX 10.7, use menu Go with option and the library will appear)

User (your name) / library / application Support / Adobe/ Bridge CS xx / Collections. Inhere are the collection names that you also can delete manually.

Windows might have a similar path but I don't that

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 7:33 AM   in reply to brutewolf

A collection folder does not contain any images,  is just a collection of addresses where the imaages are to be found.  So if you have different addresses in your backup then the colleciton will fail.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points