Skip navigation
Henrik Nerr
Currently Being Moderated

Which Sound File Format (Speech) for Photoshop CS6 Video?

May 14, 2013 1:13 AM

Tags: #audio #mp3 #photoshop_cs6

Hello, i edit video tutorials in Photoshop CS6. The voice is on its own mono audio track. The voice track will be cut multiple times within Photoshop to adapt to the ongoings in the video.

After editing the audio track in Audacity (or sometimes Audition) i wonder which file format i should use for the audio – so that i can import it and easily cut it in Photoshop CS6.

I used MP3 192 kBit, but it seems that sometimes i cannot exactly mark the millisecond where i want to cut. The marker bar jumps around and I get uncontrollable results. Of course this can be a general cache problem, but i wonder if there is a certain audio file format that's best to edit (file can be uncompressed and large). I do make long pauses in speech in order to get more easily cuttable tracks.

If i use MP3, is VBR more difficult to edit? Should it be another file format altogether? Photoshop CS6 imports these audio file formats:

AAC, M2A, M4A, MP2, MP3, WMA, WM,

some of which can't be written with the audio softwares i use.

So if you have any suggestions and practical experience on how to prepare the voice audio file for video, i'd be very interested.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 3:46 AM   in reply to Henrik Nerr

They're all compressed, they all won't cut sample-exact, PS is the wrong tool. Sorry, but really, if you do this regularly, consider at least a cheap editing program like Premiere Elements or Edius LE.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to Henrik Nerr

Fair enough, but you might still want to get an edit program for the audio part. Simply create your video with "handle", that is a bit of extra frames in PS, then render the parts out and only merge it with the audio in an edit program after trimming and timing it properly.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points