Skip navigation
GraemeSmithson
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to burn DVD from Premiere Elements

May 14, 2013 2:45 AM

I have edited a wedding video and added menus but cannot burn to disc. I get a message in the progress area "internal software error %0,line%1". At first i got a message say another program was controlling the dvd rw so i uninstalled nero which i did not use. i have burned to folder but not sure if i burnt to disc correctly because my TV DVD play did not see it. I looked at the file extension which was .vob. and is a neroshowtime.file?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 5:40 AM   in reply to GraemeSmithson

GraemeSmithson

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system (including 32 or 64 bit)?

If you go the route burn to folder (4.7 GB), a folder is saved to the computer hard drive at a location that you designated in the burn dialog before you click on Burn. In that folder are two folders: OpenDVD and VIDEO_TS. If you want the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc (spec'd at 4.7 GB/120 min), then you import ONLY the VIDEO_TS Folder into a program such as ImgBurn for it to author that VIDEO_TS to DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

DVD players typically play back DVD-VIDEO, maybe JPEG CD, and maybe VCD, not the VIDEO_TS folder or its contents. The VIDEO_TS needs to be placed on a DVD disc with the correct File System. Enter ImgBurn for the task.

Let us see how you do with the burn to folder which is one of the early troubleshooting tasks in an issue such as yours.

Then we can ask questions such as:

a. What is on the Timeline that you want to burn to disc? What is the duration of the Timeline?

b. How many Timeline menu markers, what is the spacing for the markers, do you have a stop marker at the end of the last file on the Timeline, etc. etc.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 7:53 AM   in reply to GraemeSmithson

Put a commercial DVD in your drive and look at the file structure... when you use the burn to folder option, you should have that same structure on your hard drive

Use http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write the folder for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points