Skip navigation
Jan Bri
Currently Being Moderated

Dynamic Link: Encore CS6 crashes

May 14, 2013 5:20 AM

Tags: #error #adobe #premiere #sequence #link #dynamic #encore #dvd #cs6 #timeline #encore_cs6

Hello,

i have a Multicam-Sequence (5 cameras) in Premiere with a length of about 2.25h (created from two single Sequences). The project is in 1080p25 (filmed on DSLR). When i try to export this Sequence via Dynamic Link to Encore in order to create a DVD, both Encore and Premiere crash. Importing the Sequence directly from Encore does not work, too (neither as "timeline" nor as "asset"). The timeline gets displayed as "Media pending", no matter how long I wait for it to load (let it load for almost an hour without doing anything else on my Mac). When trying to check if Encore has finished (for example play the small preview in the media window or scroll through the timeline), the program crashes.

I have no idea what else could help.

Some more facts that may be important:

- I'm a Creative Cloud-customer

- I'm running Premiere/Encore on a new iMac with i7 3,4Ghz, 8GB RAM, nvidia GeForce 680MX and 3TB Fusion Drive

- Premiere and Encore are updated

Many thanks in advance,

Jan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 6:16 AM   in reply to Jan Bri

Your options:

Use the Mac equivalent of "run as administrator" and any other permissions based troubleshooting. See link below.

Export from Premiere/AME and import DVD/BD compliant files to Encore (i.e. do not use Dynamic Link). This is also a test as to whether it is something more than DL.

Reinstall. Yes, in this context with no more troubleshooting, it is a bit of voodoo. But this is not normal behavior. And yes, I would do more troubleshooting first. You gave a great description of having tried the several easy methods (send from PR, DL from the EN side, etc). I would also create a new Encore project and DL to a short bit of easy footage, then the problem footage. You can also nest a small bit of the sequence you've been DLng to see if length makes a difference.

I don't think there is a newer Mac troubleshooting document.

Troubleshoot system errors and freezes | Adobe software on Mac OS 10.x

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/824/cpsid_82414.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 3:47 PM   in reply to Jan Bri

i try to export this Sequence via Dynamic Link to Encore

I recommend skipping Dynamic Link for this and exporting out of Premiere Pro using the appropriate H.264 Blu-ray preset for BDs and an MPEG2-DVD preset for DVDs.  (And do export both if you want both.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points