Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Delay in displaying new images

May 14, 2013 8:54 AM

Here's the situation.

Shooting tethered with a Nikon D800E. Using Nikon Camera Control Pro to operate the camera. Using Adobe Bridge CS6 to monitor the destination folder. There is often a delay before Bridge will display new images. For several exposures in a row Bridge will display new images as they are created. Eventually it get to the point where it will not display a new shot. When you take a second shot, both it and the preivious image will appear together. Some times two shots in a row will not apprear and upon taking a third shot all three will apprear. I've tried switching thumbnail options, Prefer Embedded, On Demand, HQ, it's a little more responsive when using the embeded thumnail but still has the issue.

I've tried two workstations. A MacPro 3.1 running OSX 10.6.8 and a Mini 6.2 running 10.8.3. Bridge has the same problem on both some what worse on the Mini.

Has anyone seen this problem when monitoring a folder that is activly receiving new images?

On a side note, it would be great if Bridge would scroll to display new images. Seems like it would have to auto select the newest image.

Thanks,

David

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to David Remington

I read several years ago on web "teathered shooting and Bridge" and as I remember he said you need line amplifier if cables over 15? feet long.  Might google and see what you can find.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to David Remington

This is what I was thinking of.  He speaks specifically of signal delays.

Helpful Equipment:

16′ or 25′ USB Booster Extension Cable
    This is a must! Standard  USB camera connection cables are too short for practical work. Since  transfer speeds are slower over distance, typical USB extension cables  are a poor choice. An “active” USB extension cable or “booster”  cable is self powered through the connection, allows a cleaner signal,  decreases the risk of corrupted files, and maintains a steady download speed.  Active USB extension cables can be daisy chained up to 75.’

IOGEAR USB Extension at Amazon

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to David Remington

If it is thumbnails you might consider using small folders, like less than 1500 images.  Compact cache as it can grow quite large.  Also, embedded are the smallest and fastest thumbnails, but do not show raw edits..

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points