Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Text and Title Templates

May 14, 2013 9:17 AM

Tags: #premiere #11 #premiere_elements

We have 11 computers with Premiere Elements 11 and don't have the luxury of downloading from the website on all of the computers. Is it possible to download all of the Text and Title Templates to one location and then install them on these computers. Even if I have to go to each one and do it manually.

Thanks

Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to stevedross

This would be a great question for Adobe Tech Support.

However, you should be able to just download to one machine and then copy that template to each of the computers.

Where these files are stored depends on which operating system your computers are running.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to stevedross

stevedrosss

Please consider this approach...

For one computer with Premiere Elements 11 Windows, from the appropriate tabs (Tools/Movie Menu; Titles & Templates; Graphics....) in the Expert view workspace, download for those thumbnails with the blue band at the top right corner of the thumbnails.

Then

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and then make a copy of the Online Folder now complete with assets (expected Folder Size about 5 to 6 GB) and transfer that Online Folder to a USB Flash Drive.

Go to each of your other computers and replace its Premiere Elements 11 Online Folder (see route above) with the one on the USB Flash Drive.

Please review the plan and let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to stevedross

stevedross

Are you working in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit using the Folder Option "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" selected.

If not, type in Folder Option in the Search above Start. Folder Options/View Tab/ and scroll through list of options until you get to "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drivers".

I have Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit, so I know it is there. I just re-checked what I wrote above to confirm path posted. It is correct. Are you selecting Program Data, and not Program Files or Program Files (x86)?

I will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 2:17 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

On Windows 7, this folder is in PROGRAM DATA/ADOBE/PREMIERE ELEMENTS/11.0.

If you can not see the PROGRAM DATA directory, you'll need to go into your computer's preferences and select the option to Show Hidden Files.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 2:29 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

SG

Thanks for confirming my post #4.

As you always say, good information does not hurt being repeated.

Just wanted to point out that stevedross was already given detailed information by me on what you just wrote. Please refer to my post numbered 4. We were waiting for his follow up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 4:38 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Sorry, Tony. But with so many people rushing in to help every poster, some redundancy and miscommunication is inevitable. Just know that it's always with the best intentions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points