Skip navigation
flashracket77
Currently Being Moderated

How to put text in a fluid grid div and adjusting text position within the div?

May 14, 2013 11:52 AM

Tags: #div #html #dreamweaver #css #grid #fluid

Hi all,

I am new to Fluid Grid and have been trying to understand and use it in Dreamweaver. I have an issue that I created a Div and selected the image I wanted to be the background, now I need to put text on the bottom corner of the div. How do you do it? i tried creating a class for the text with padding (doesn't work, shifts the entire position of the div), I have tried position: absolute; bottom o; left:0; nothing happens.

Please help! all help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance~

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to flashracket77

Vertical-alignment is only possible with tables or CSS display:table properties.  Unfortunately,  Fluid Grid Layouts don't support these very well.

Show us a URL to your page so far along with a screenshot of what you're trying to do.  Maybe we can offer better suggestions on how to approach this without resorting to absolute positioning which should only be used as a last resort.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 3:03 PM   in reply to flashracket77

As an example, I applied this inline CSS style to a paragraph in your LayoutDiv2.  Ideally, you would put the CSS into your content style sheet.

<div class="punta" id="LayoutDiv2">

<p style="margin-top:410px; font-weight:bold; color:red; text-align:center">

Punta Arrecifes</p>

</div>

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points