Skip navigation
kurupindopy
Currently Being Moderated

Transfer photo develop settings from one catalog to another

May 14, 2013 12:10 PM

Tags: #lightroom #catalog #settings #develop

I have several Lightroom catalogs from over the years, many of the from older versions and many of the catalogs contain develop settings from photos I have on my current catalog.

The thing is I have some picture folders with rates, develop setings and more things from an old catalog that I want to transfer to my new catalog from Lightroom 4.4. I want to transfer just the settings and rates, nothing else, i already have the photos, sometimes with many photos rated and developed.

Is there a way to transfer just the settings and rates of a certain set of photos from one catalog to another one?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 5:00 PM   in reply to kurupindopy

kurupindopy wrote:

Is there a way to transfer just the settings and rates of a certain set of photos from one catalog to another one?

Lr native (e.g. catalog import, or xmp reading..) does not allow for picking and choosing which items to transfer, so you'll need a plugin, or some such cleverness.

What I would do:

* Import all (subject) photos using "Copy" to a unique (root) folder, and allow duplicates. (or you could import them into same folder as original, but be sure to use a special filenaming token for recognition - either way works).

Then, run RelativeAntics. Select the newly imported "duplicates", and make sure their target brethren are properly seen as "relatives". You'll need to edit advanced settings to customize the develop settings and/or metadata to be transferred as part of the "antics".

Afterward, delete the imported dups that you no longer need.

There are no doubt other ways to do it, but that way will work, if you do it right, and the plugin works as advertised... - let me know (outside the forum) if you need help with any of my plugins.

Back everything up *before* you embark.

Rob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points