Skip navigation
tmoehlmann1
Currently Being Moderated

Unwanted 'Theme' music shows up on final DVD but not found in timeline

May 14, 2013 12:05 PM

Tags: #premiere #premiere_elements_11

I am working in Premiere 11.   I finished the video and selected the option to create a web DVD.   Once it was completed, I reviewed it and heard small bursts of the 'theme' music I deleted to use my own music.   I went to Expert mode to try to find any scrap of this additonal track, but could not find anything.   There are about 3 of these periods where one is as long as about 11 seconds so 'should' be easily detected in the timeline, I would think...but I just can't find any trace of evidence.    The sound also happens to 'crossover' clips that are cut in each case. 

Another thing I am unsure of in the timeline is an orange, green or gray 'very thin' lateral line bordering the upper boundary of the 'beats' row.   They are random in color variations throughout my half hour video and I am unable to select it or look at what is is/means.   These colors are not consistent with when I do or don't hear the theme music though, but who knows.

Any ideas on how to clear these unwanted sound bursts up?

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to tmoehlmann1

tmoehlmann1

Where did you hear the unwanted music....

a. In the menu that you used for the web DVD (those menus allows for only 30 seconds of audio, followed by looping of the audio)

or

b. In the body of the web DVD video?

It sounds like the unwanted music is in the body of the webDVD video. So, I will ask additionally:

How did you delete the audio that you did not want and how did you replace it?

Did you expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline so that you got the best possible view of leftovers on the tracks?

What are you placing on the Timeline

a. menu markers (scene, main menu, or stop)

b. beat markers

no colored line or green line over Timeline content reflects that the program feels that it is giving you the best possible preview of the Timeline content as played back in the Edit Mode Monitor. The orange line (red in earlier versions) is the program telling you that you need to render the Timeline content to get the best possible preview of the Timeline content as played back in the Edit Mode Monitor.

Please review the above and let us know if any of the comments targeted your questions and concerns.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 7:50 PM   in reply to tmoehlmann1

tmoehlmann1

Keep in mind that rendering of the Timeline content is a preview thing. You do not have to do it. But, it is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. That is the good news. The not so good news is that each render deposits a large preview file on your hard drive. These preview files along with the conformed audio in that save area can add up creating problems if piled up. So there should be a plan to maintain that area from time to time along with the conformed video files found elsewhere. For the latter, please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and that Media Cache Database and the Clean button there.

I am not sure what you are picking up sound wise in those web DVDs. From what you wrote, it is coming from the video contents of the web DVD not the menu applied.

Is there music underneath all of the Timeline content or are there areas which do not have audio. In the latter instance, I am wondering about the placement of the markers, perhaps catching a little bit of the music from the end of one audio clip or another???

Is that the only webDVD or other project that this has happened in? If it is the only one so far, how feasible would it be to repeat all in a new project to determine if the same thing happens again?

Looking forward to your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points