Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Top Menu" (First Play) not set and "Set Title Menu" not set.

May 14, 2013 12:26 PM

I had made an ISO file for a Dual Layer Blu-Ray Disc.

I burned it in Toast 11.

I put it in my Playstation 3 and I tried to go to the "Top Menu" and it said "There is no Top Menu."

I went back into Encore CS 5.1 and looked at my project. Sure enough, there was no "First Play" (Top Menu) attached to my Main Menu like I wanted it to be. I then set it up to be my "First Play." I also noticed that on the Disc Properties Menu there is a box entitled "Title Button". That was also Not Set. I set that to have the Main Menu (Menu 1) appear when someone presses the 'Title Button" on their remote.

How come the First Play was not automatically set up when I put my first menu in Encore a while back when I started building this project?

Is there any other buttons or settings I have to worry about?

Is there a way to preview my Finished Blu-Ray Disc after it has been made into an ISO file but before I burn it in Toast 11 to make sure all links and all meus are working properly? It gets kind of expensive to keep burning Dual Layer Blu-Ray Discs just to find out the disc is not working properly.  I would like to preview it outside of using Encore.

Thanks in advance.

Encore CS 5.1

Mac Pro

Intel Xeon 2.66 GHZ Quad-Core

10 G RAM

OS X 10.8.3

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 4:27 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

One of the best ways to porevent this happening is to use the "Project Check" function - thias will tell you clearly if there are importtant things such as First Play or Title menu that have not been set.

The 2 are also often interchangeable.

First Play does exactly what it says on the tin, and Title is generally the discs's main menu - the only times they will not be the same is if you have things like company logos you need to have as a first play.

As for previewing BD titles without burning, you can use software players like TMT or similar - but be aware these are all, well, not strictly correct.....some work better than others.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points